Business Development Manager, Crowd Compass
Cvent | Sales | Melbourne, Victoria
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Executive within our Mobile Solutions division which focuses on a suite of technology solutions that is deployed on the day of the event to drive attendee experience, event engagement, support event planners, and help exhibitors realize an increased ROI. The primary solutions include mobile apps, badge printing, check-in solutions, LeadCapture app, appointment management solution, and ultimately analytics. Your main responsibilities will be demonstrating our products, negotiating and closing deals. You will carry a new-booked business (NBB) quota, and will be required to execute challenger-selling skills and effectively manage your Sales Development Rep to ensure prospects turn into actual customers. Cvent provides unparalleled resources to help our Sales Executives meet and exceed bookings targets; including an award-winning on-boarding and training program, an engaged sales leadership team, strong marketing support and Sales Development Reps who you manage and mentor to grow your business.
Why Sales at Cvent?
Our dynamic and entrepreneurial sales department taps into a booming $565-billion-dollar market, both growing and nurturing business every day. Team members provide prospects a consultative sales approach, extensive product knowledge, and high-energy professionalism to demonstrate the value-add Cvent will bring to their respective businesses. We are in the business of selling solutions and alleviating pain!
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop and actively pursue list of targeted Key Accounts by creating individual plans of action to penetrate these accounts
- Call on and develop relationships with new prospects in an effort to meet and exceed individual and department revenue expectations
- Present products and services to new corporate accounts
- Exceed established new business revenue targets for software sales
- Accurately forecast sales opportunities via pipeline report
- Effectively and accurately manage personal revenue pipeline to maximize all new business opportunities
- Monitor and report sales activity within the system
- Work with Account Management and Client Services teams to ensure complete customer satisfaction with the Cvent product and organization
- Ensure relationships with key decision-makers for accounts that will provide new business are continuously developed and relationships are strengthened and grown
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of prior revenue generating software sales experience (more experience is desired)
- Industry experience in one or more of the following areas is highly preferred: SaaS, mobile apps, and analytics
- Articulate, organized, detail-oriented, and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-changing entrepreneurial environment
- Able to integrate knowledge across disciplines to include cold calling, consultative selling, product demonstrations, closing contracts, operation/process flow, and product function
- Strong sense of initiative and personal leadership demonstrating the ability to function independently, but must also be able to contribute to team initiatives
- Strong business acumen, ethics and high integrity