Software Engineer II
Vertafore | Development | East Lansing, MI
Vertafore has been a leader in the insurance software space for decades. We are looking for talented and passionate developers to build our next generation platform and UI. Are you someone who really enjoys autonomy, team work, and challenges? Would you like a work environment that champions personality, problem solving, and ping pong skills?
We are looking for coworkers who will contribute and facilitate the vision that the company has with our customers with their own passion and drive to succeed. We love it when team mates desire to learn new technologies and practices and then share their knowledge with others.
We need those who are curious but also have a bias to action.
We need software engineers who:
- Have a passion for the work
- Have experience with client-side MVC frameworks (AngularJS, React)
- Have experience with java, Jackson, and building and designing new APIs
- Enjoy making mobile/responsive designs
We love software engineers that:
- Have knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Are driven to improve, personally, and professionally
- Can interact with customers to gather insights
- Clearly communicate and defend design decisions
- Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
We really like it when they:
- Have experience with Test Driven Development
- Have experience working in an Agile environment
- Prepare technical training and information sessions for other staff