Business Development Representative
Cvent | Sales | London,
Cvent, Inc. (www.cvent.com) is a leading cloud-based enterprise event management company. We offer software solutions to event planners for online event registration, venue selection, event management, mobile apps for events, email marketing, and web surveys. Cvent provides hoteliers with an integrated platform, enabling properties to increase group business demand through targeted advertising and improve conversion through proprietary demand management and business intelligence solutions. Cvent solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
Headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., Cvent has over 2,400 employees worldwide across offices in London, throughout the United States, India, Singapore, and Australia. Cvent is built on a Microsoft .net platform and is a Software-As-A-Service (SAAS). Cvent has continuously invested into developing our products and has built an impressive client base of organisations across all industries, including Transport For London, Bank of England, KPMG, Adidas, and Marriott.
Sales Team: Our team of sales professionals is a very diverse group, many of whom started with us directly from the top universities in the UK and Europe. We hire bright people who are very motivated to succeed. You will participate in a four-week, structured training program, and you will find that our processes and techniques are as advanced as many Fortune 500 companies.
- Serve as the first in-depth point of contact to prospective partners and customers
- Call on new prospects and develop business relationships with meeting industry associations
- Provide detailed product information and make presentations for the same
- Partnership opportunity identification and qualification
- Partner with senior sales team to achieve new-booked business and industry partnership quotas
- Provide product information to prospective customers and industry association partners
- Demonstrate solution-selling and relationship-building skills
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic credentials
- No minimum sales experience required, but some preferred
- Strong sense of initiative and personal leadership demonstrating the ability to function independently, but must also be able to contribute to team initiatives
- Strong business acumen, ethics and high integrity
- Comfortable using general office software applications
- Excel at developing relationships over the phone
- Ability to handle high outbound call volume with corresponding high talk time
- Must be articulate, organized, detail-oriented, and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-changing entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Not required, but prior use of sales automation products such as Salesforce.com and web collaboration tools like WebEx a plus