Cvent | Technology | Gurgaon, Haryana
User Experience Manager - Cvent
User Experience Manager’s live at the crossroads of empathy and technology. The User Experience Manager is responsible for leading Cvent’s UX team, within our enterprise software development department and larger corporate User Experience group.
As Manager, you will play an integral role and work collaboratively with various stakeholder groups to deliver enhancements to our enterprise applications. The ideal candidate must have a genuine passion for the latest developments in frontend technologies as well as be able to provide technical insight and expertise to the Product Design process and best practices for user centered design.
In this role, you’ll manage a team of Product Designers and UI Developers in the development of web-based UIs for large complex applications.
The successful candidate should have experience in UI development, information architecture methodology and UX design techniques in an applied software development setting. Finally, you should possess strong leadership skills, self-initiative, and a willingness to shepherd new ideas within the organization. This position plays an integral role in driving application design and development and providing product feedback at all stages of the development life cycle.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage the team on achieving a unifying vision for the user experience across Cvent’s offerings
- Evaluate the effectiveness of new and existing UX elements in the existing product by incorporating customer feedback, and best practices in order to continuously evolve and improve the product
- Work with sprint teams and leadership to champion a user-centered design process throughout the organization
- Manage and mentor a small team of UI Developers and User Experience Designers
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design and other Engineering teams to effectively align resources to meet goals and roadmap commitments
· Maintain a platform perspective and work closely with your designers and developers to ensure proper direction and identify best practices.
· Be a leader, who understands the architecture and design decisions, including when tradeoffs must be made to meet business objectives.
· Be a people manager and cheerleader for your team. Coaching and planning individual growth and development.
What You Need For This Position
- 9+ years of progressive UX/UI design and/or product management experience in software, web and mobile environments
- Solid UX analysis & design experience in large-scale software development environment and possess a strong understanding of information architecture and user-centered design methodology
- Solid exposure to web and mobile software development, product/design research and brand awareness
- Demonstrated success in leading UX design and software product development opportunities from concept to successful launch/implementation
- Successful experience in building teams, goal setting, coaching, & developing individuals to achieve targeted results.
- Excellent leadership, strategic/analytical thinking, communication, problem solving, influencing, and interpersonal skills
· Bachelors or Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Human Computer Interaction or related technical or design field
- Experience using CSS pre-processors to author stylesheets
- Experience in authoring UI for single page applications that meet WCAG 2.0 AA web accessibility standards to support customers who use assistive technologies.
- Expertise in version control systems such as GIT or Subversion.