Application Support Manager (Defect ,Build ,Service Delivery)
Advanced | Development | Baroda, Gujarat
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that enables us to stand out from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organizations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate and high-quality value.
POST TITLE : Application Support Manager
LOCATION : Baroda - India
REPORTING TO : Operations Director
EXPERIENCE LEVEL : 15+ Years
PROJECT : Multiple
Advanced is expanding and is building great software teams that create products in the Healthcare, Enterprise Resource Planning, and Education markets. We are now in immediate need for talented people who can ensure we deliver excellent quality solutions on time and within budget to a challenging but very exciting market.
About the role
As AppSupport Manager you will be overall responsible for 3rd level support delivery to customers as well as providing support to internal development teams. This involves weekly reporting on outstanding support tickets split between product lines across the entire Health and Care portfolio.
You will be responsible for leading a small permanent team. In addition to the permanent team, you will organize and manage a rota of developers to assist in delivering support during the working day for India and UK, as well as 24/7. You will be required to work closely with the development leadership team as well as the UK based Service Desk team.
The role is very much a service delivery leadership role. You will have responsibility for managing all aspects of support service delivery. As such, you are expected to engage with and contribute to our evolving DevOps delivery strategy, plans and methodology.
- Ensure rotas are in place, tracked, and delivered to
- Work closely with other teams such as Service Desk, Product Management, Account Management, Cloud and Data Centre providers, DevOps and Development
- Responsibility for keeping the 3rd level support queue of work under control
- Manage many different work streams to ensure successful project delivery at all stages of the program delivery including regular feedback on issues and opportunities
- Ensure Beta testing is planned and executed as appropriate
- Develop, consolidate and enhance company and Third-Party product knowledge in order to deliver first class products and services to customers
- Build successful supplier and customer relationships at a senior level Proactively monitor and report on team performance
The ideal candidate will have:
- 15+ years of experience managing application support related teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments
- Excellent verbal, written and group presentation skills
- Team building and conflict resolution skills
- Strong ability to resolve complex problems and issues
- Be able to delegate and assign activities with clear timelines
- Ability to lead discussions to explore options and gain agreement on the solution delivery
- Comfortable managing expectations and reporting on positive as well as negative news
- Good organizational skills (time management, administration etc.)
- Strong inter-personal skills, the ability to influence others and be self-motivated
- Understanding of IT service delivery frameworks such as ITIL
Join the A team!
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will help get you where you want to go. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast-paced journey of discovery, however big that might be.
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that makes us different from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organizations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver