JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Omnitracs | 1562 - OT US - T&L Product Mgmt | Dallas, TX
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Our focus on the user experience places designers in a unique position to influence product direction through bold design decisions. We apply design thinking and take a holistic approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points of our growing portfolio of products and mobile applications.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders for regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- 3-5 years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Must have a digital portfolio.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Ability to work tightly with a cross-functional team of developers, product owners, and management to guide solutions into production.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Having the experience in user-centered design, rapidly test, wireframing, mocking up, prototyping, researching,
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time as well as prioritize workload.
- Must have experience in picking up projects midway through development by another designer.
- Ability to solve design problems, not just make pretty pictures.
- Must have developed a style guide.
- Must have developed a project from start to finish.
- Release multiple projects to development.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Not over complicating simple tasks.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing experiences and user interfaces for web and mobile apps.
- “This is not in my job description” should not be in your vocabulary.
- We ask “why” things are the way they are; that is the most important question.
- Positive and excited for not only showing off your expertise but learning from other people's experiences.
- Being part of class or leading the class.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Being okay with and working with things out of your control.
- Being able to make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Obsessed with good user-centered design practices and have an impeccable eye for detail and design (e.g. typography, color, balance, etc.).
- Provide mentorship to share the knowledge with other team members on user-centered design and design thinking best practices.
- Expertise in UX software such as Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer, and or similar.
- Extreme knowledge of atomic design and has practiced it in the past.
- This ability to distance themselves from the project.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
- Have experience in doing Ethnography Studies.
- Experience in writing user stories – and practicing the agile methodology development process.