Sr. Software Engineer
AGDATA | Development | Charlotte, NC
Sr. Software Engineer
We are the most trusted provider of data collection and management, marketing program management, and analytical solutions for our Crop and Animal Health industry clients. With data services at the core—surrounded by an extensible array of streamlined software solutions—our unified platform represents over three decades of innovation and expertise in the agriculture, crop protection, specialty chemical and animal health industries.
Backed by an entrepreneurial, creative and energetic work force, teammates at AGDATA are pushing the boundaries of technology to enhance our relationships with our clients. We are a growing team, focused on adding creative, knowledgeable individuals who are ready to jump right in and make an immediate impact.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems, build innovative solutions, and work with top-notch software developers in the Charlotte area, AGDATA might have the role for you. You must be able to look at the big picture from both business and technology perspective, possess strong analytical, design, and problem solving skills, and enjoy working with data, algorithms, and gamers. You are not afraid of ambiguity, dealing with nebulous requirements, and get excited about difficult challenges.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Create REST based API for data driven solutions
- Develop unit test cases for test driven development
- Work with Business Analyst to understand requirements and help design solutions
- Work in an agile environment on a daily basis
- Manage code using bitbucket
- Document design and code development for modules using Confluence
- Help mentor junior resources to implement industry best practices
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- 5+ years in software product development/engineering
- 4+ years of C#, .NET and ASP.NET
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- E experience mentoring junior developers
- Strong full stack developer and good/strong knowledge of frameworks
- Experience with REST (XML, JSON), SOAP Web Services development using ASP.NET, Web API, and WCF
We seek out and reward people who are adaptable, accountable, collaborative and curious. We want our teammates to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success and who are looking to GROW!