Mediaocean | Customer Service | London, England
The Instructional Design team provides documentation such as quick cards, training agendas, and PowerPoint slides used in training sessions as well as online instructional content for all Mediaocean products. In addition, the team manages a learning center that enables clients to create custom eLearning videos and access documentation and recorded virtual sessions. It also manages an LMS, where assessments and fully interactive eLearning modules are hosted. This role will also sometimes require assisting the technical writing team. The Technical Writing team produces high-quality technical documentation that contributes to the overall success of the products.
Responsibilities will include:
- Translate technical documentation for end-user consumption.
- Conduct needs assessment for instructional situation before finalizing design solutions and strategies.
- Design a curriculum or program that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners.
- Select and use a variety of techniques to define and sequence the instructional content. Create consistent output in line with design standards.
- Identify and describe target population characteristics.
- Develop instructional materials for internal and external audiences; modify existing instructional materials in line with new product releases.
- Evaluate and assess instruction and its impact.
- Create and edit technical documentation for end-users.
- Minimum BA/BS required in Education, Instructional Design or related subject
- Software platform instructional design or technical writing experience in the media, advertising, or enterprise software industries
- Experience creating external training programs and applying creative methodologies (e.g., eLearning, webinar, recordings)
- Proven expertise in technical writing, teaching or training, performance measuring, multimedia, curriculum and course development
- Proficiency with multimedia authoring tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Captivate, and Camtasia
- Enthusiasm for training and the ability to present course material in a professional manner
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to convert technical or complex information into easily used and understandable text and illustrations
- Strong interpersonal skills with mature, professional attitude and appearance
- Strong influence-management, needs analysis, leadership, and collaboration skills
- Self-starter with a strong ability to interact positively with inter-organizational groups and outside customer contacts
- Solid attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and a high volume of work