Senior Network Engineer
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | London, England
The Team and Role
Senior Network Engineer
- London (City Road)
- Advanced Managed Services
- Platform & Technology – Network Team
Team & Role Description
- Managing, Monitoring, providing support and troubleshooting for Advanced’s Internet Service Provider, Advanced’s Managed Service, Customer Local Area and Customer Wide Area Networks for Voice and Data.
- Role Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and engineering services for Advanced’s Managed Services and Corporate networks in adherence with defined SLAs.
- Configure, amend, troubleshoot complex multi-site to site and client based VPNs.
- Provide technical support and engineering services for Advanced’s clients’ networks.
- Maintain and improve existing Advanced and client networks in accordance with Advanced’s design methodologies.
- Maintain a secure network environment in accordance to ISO27001 standards.
- Monitor and manage network components to: deliver proactive support to all internal and external clients; enable more effective reactive support; to provide capacity & performance reporting; and to generally enhance Advanced’s network management capabilities and services.
- Maintain procedures and where applicable work to improve and document new procedures.
- Ensure that all Advanced & client networks are being appropriately monitored.
- Assist in maintaining the 24/7 operation of the network infrastructure.
- Apply a proactive approach to infrastructure support.
- Communicate effectively with all personnel and ensure information is accurately disseminated.
- Develop and maintain good relationships
- Adhere to Advanced’s rules and regulations (written or implied), which may vary from time to time as deemed appropriate.
- To perform other duties as may occur from time-to-time as instructed and agreed by the Networks Manager.
- To comply with the provisions of ISO27001 certification and the Company Security Policy in particular relating to system and data security.
- To work ‘on call’ approximately one week out of every four. There will also be the requirement for some evening and weekend work.
- Extensive experience in a Network Engineering role, preferably in a managed service / IT outsourcing organisation
- Detailed understanding of a variety of network infrastructures
- Comprehensive knowledge of network packets including the ability to analyse and debug layers 1-7
- Extensive experience of troubleshooting service provider or large enterprise networks
- Experience of some of the following routing protocols: OSPF, BGP, MPLS EIGRP, and OTV
- Experience of Cisco multi-layer switches and routers including 6500s, 3750s, and 7200s.
- Experience of any Meraki products would be beneficial
- Experience of firewall and VPN operation and troubleshooting with Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, and Barracuda firewalls. Experience of the Cisco Firewall Service Module would be advantageous.
- Experience of using and maintaining network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds Orion/NCM.
- Experience with administering and troubleshooting Cisco Wireless products.
- Experience of using and deploying Cisco ISE
- Experience of using and deploying Intrusions Detection and Prevention technologies such as Cisco Firepower
- Good understanding of cabling, fibre and connectivity technologies and standards.
- Experience of data centre policies and procedures. Proven ability working in high-availability production environments within commercial data centres.
- Familiarity with network-centric applications such as TACACS, RADIUS, and Syslog would advantageous, as would experience of 802.1x network authentication.
- Familiarity with content switching / network load balancing technologies such as F5 or Netscalers would be advantageous.
- Ability to own, prioritise and be responsible for own workload.
- ‘Can-do’ approach;
- Professional approach and manner, proper dress and personal presentation;
- Highly developed communication skills even when under pressure.
- Vigilant and focussed.
- Ability to nurture a positive image of company, and to adhere and positively contribute to the companies rules, regulations, processes, ethos and culture.
- True Customer Care dedication.
- Interest and dedication to keeping well informed about developments within the IT industry, especially new networking technologies.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP®) – Required (or proven equivalent experience)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) – Required
- Cisco Certified Security Associate (CCNA-Security®) – Preferred
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) – Beneficial
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) – Beneficial
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Wireless (CCNA-Wireless) – Beneficial
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will help get you where you want to go. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast paced journey of discovery, however big that might be.
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that makes us different from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Join the A Team
Does this sound like the kind of role you are looking for?
If you are keen to join an organisation that is going through an exciting growth period at the moment then please apply via the link above.
Some of our Key Benefits are:
- Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- 25 days holidays
- Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team
- Be part of an organisation that has recently been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest growing tech Companies