Product Consultant - Cloud Solutions
Superion | Quota Carrying Sales | REMOTE - Northeast Region, NY
The Cloud Solutions Sales Engineer/SME will take a lead role in assisting sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions in the cloud. They will utilize in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations. The individual will plan and organize sales calls, establish a rapport with potential customers to identify solution requirements, and prepare cloud pricing proposals. The Sales Engineer/SME will also conduct follow up with customers to close new cloud opportunities.
- Create and maintain sales related information for all Cloud Solutions offerings. This includes hardware, software, Third Party software specifications, implementation guidelines and R&D testing and reporting.
- Maintain an active list and pricing of Cloud Solutions offerings and supported Third Party hardware, software and licensing structures used in the Superion application environment within Salesforce and CPQ.
- Manage and communicate sales pipeline to management.
- Work directly with the Sales Rep to provide proper responses and discovery to RFP requests and customer site evaluations. The Sales Engineer/SME and Sales Rep will work together to create the optimal overall technical solution for the RFP response and sole-source engagements.
- Document customer solution proposals during the sales cycle.
- Conduct customer transition calls to Cloud project management and Cloud technical staff.
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities, including Superion product knowledge and third party instruction/certification.
- Experience selling software in the Public Sector – strongly preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience with Cloud based solutions
- 3-5 years’ experience in Microsoft Windows environments
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery processes and Best Practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, Salesforce
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with ability to interact effectively with department staff, management and clients is a must
- Good work ethic with a Sales / Customer focus
- Ability to meet deadlines for multiple tasks and projects required with minimal supervision
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Must be able to travel
As part of the requirements of this position, it is necessary that you have access to a major credit card that will support the required travel. It will be your responsibility or use your own credit card. If at any time during your employment your credit card will not allow you to meet the required travel obligations, it may be grounds for dismissal.
Our clients include government public safety agencies and other government entities. A contractual obligation we have with most of them is that employees working with them must meet their security requirements. This often requires separate background checks by those agencies and providing them with documents that include personal identifiable information. Please be aware that this is a contractual requirement that we must meet and represents a condition of employment for those employees affected.