Desktop Support Technician
AGDATA | Information Technology | Cambridge,
AGDATA is searching for a service oriented, Desktop Support Technician to join our team in Cambridge, ON. The DST is responsible for daily administration of Active Directory, operating system and application deployment and assisting as needed in maintaining telephony systems at our Cambridge site. The DST will coordinate and collaborate with business users in order to document and resolve technical issues. The DST will also:
- Use established imaging systems/practices to set up equipment with operating systems and appropriate software for employees.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems and appropriate software using established imaging systems/practices.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities using standard helpdesk case management tools.
- Manages backup and restore operations.
- Answer users’ inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems
- Lifting and transporting equipment up to 50 lbs
- Any and all other duties as assigned by management
- Familiarity with MS Windows architecture and desktop products
- Understands PC problem solving techniques and methodologies
- Basic understanding of Computer Networks, Wired and Wireless
- Ability to prioritize and escalate as needed based on business priority/impact.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently or within a team as needs arise
- Excellent technical problem resolution skills with the ability to implement complex resolutions
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Ability to understand and implement written and oral instructions
Who we are:
AGDATA is the premier provider of data collection and management, marketing program management, and analytical solutions for clients in the Crop and Animal Health industries. For more than 30 years, the talent at AGDATA has enhanced the technology and services that input manufacturers in the Agriculture world rely upon. Our clients trust us because of our data integrity, marketing program reliability, and our ability to optimize the analytics that inform their sales and marketing decisions. Backed by an entrepreneurial, creative and energetic work force, AGDATA is pushing the boundaries of technology to enhance our relationship with the leaders in Crop and Animal Heath.
What we offer:
- Casual dress
- In-house training seminars and resources
- Continuing education opportunities
- Employee referral reward program
- Annual Company Picnic and Holiday Party
- Company provided Coke products
- Partner discounts (Verizon/ATT)
- Paid community volunteer opportunities
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Pet insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Competitive compensation
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Traditional 401(k)
- 401(k) company match
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Family medical leave
- Employee assistance program