Sr. Program Manager
Omnitracs | 5308 - RN-Program Management | Towson, MD
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
The Senior Program Manager (Senior PM) works with the Lead Engineer to develop and execute overall program plans and ensures that business objectives are met. The Senior PM leads and manages a matrixed team to coordinate and facilitate across all relevant engineering, marketing, management, operations and other functional groups to ensure approved features are developed, integrated, tested and successfully deployed. The Senior PM tracks the delivery of interim milestones, leads project meetings, provides status updates to management and identifies and manages risks.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage product development from concept to launch including all aspects of planning and execution
- Provide direction and support to Core Team members in all aspects of the program
- Manage the planning and control of program activities and resources
- Partner with Finance and Engineering to drive and support the budgeting process
- Manage and resolve conflict around resources, schedules, risks, content and other program level issues
- Make ongoing decisions on critical program issues for multiple programs as they pertain to program scope, schedule, budget, methodology and resources and escalate as necessary
- Manage and develop Project Analysts and Program Managers
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related field; advanced degree preferred
- CERTIFICATION: Certificate in Program Management preferred
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 7 years’ program management experience in complete product development lifecycle with an emphasis on engineering development activities including cross-functional experience with marketing, procurement, hardware and software component development, system integration, testing approvals and production readiness; experience with OEM projects and initiatives preferred.
- Software (SW) related experience desired – Any work in a SW environment, SW development, or SW testing
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Sharepoint, Visio, Excel super user experience desired
- Strong in the collaboration with people, assessing risks, and adhering to processes
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and meet timelines objectives
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment and drive multiple projects
- Working knowledge of the development of high manufacturing volume consumer products
- Working knowledge and experience in working with matrixed teams across multiple departments and levels
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to create and apply strategies and tactics in a variety of project areas
- Ability to motivate project teams and drive success through others
- Ability to plan, schedule and monitor allocated resources and costs and identify gaps
- Ability to manage multiple projects and project areas with varying requirements and deadlines
- Ability to produce consistent results in a fast-paced work environment with changing requirements and ambiguity, with minimal supervision and direction
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.