Enterprise Account Manager
Cvent | Sales | San Francisco, CA
In this role, you will be the strategic account owner of an Enterprise ($750MM+ in Revenue) portfolio of customers. You will manage all aspects of the customer’s lifecycle, starting with strategic account plans to managing the renewal process, prospecting for new contacts, building relationships throughout the customers’ org, and recognizing/creating NBB opportunities to grow your installed base. You will partner with the Direct Sales team to identifying new sales opportunities which they will close within your portfolio, including upsells and cross-sells. Additionally, you will be responsible for contract renewals and maintaining your portfolio through high quality service to our customers. You will be required to demonstrate solution-selling skills and effectively manage internal relationships with all other departments in Cvent to ensure complete customer satisfaction and meet sales objectives.
What You Will Be Doing
- Wholly own all client relationships, truly becoming the strategic partner and the industry expert in meeting and events.
- Create and actively update detailed account plans for your top clients as well as plan and manage strategic onsite meetings.
- Manage and track customer transactional information into SFDC, logging all sales activity within the Cvent process keeping customer account current and accurate.
- Call on existing clients in an effort to meet and exceed individual and department revenue expectations.
- Identify and close sales/business development opportunities such as renewals, but also growing accounts through up-sells and cross-sells with our existing Fortune 2000 clients.
- Pursue relationships with key decision-makers across client organizations to grow the Cvent footprint within each account.
- Collaborate with other divisions across the Company, including Client Services and Sales teams to ensure complete customer satisfaction with the Cvent product and organization.
- Ensure customer issues are acknowledged and resolved in a timely manner.
- Develop and actively pursue list of targeted Key Accounts and create individual plans of action to penetrate those accounts.
- Accurately forecast sales opportunities via pipeline report.
- Monitor and report sales activity within the system.
- Ensure that all accounts remain in good standing through consistent follow up and communication.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Need for this Position
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or relevant work experience considered.
Minimum 7 years of proven customer facing, inside sales and account management experience (with revenue generation) experience in the software or related industry*
At least 1 year of recent experience managing accounts of large (e.g Fortune 2000) clients
Ability to multi-task and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-changing entrepreneurial environment
Must be able to integrate knowledge across disciplines to include relationship management, consultative selling, product demonstrations, and closing contracts
Demonstrated track record of exceeding expectations against revenue goals
Moderate level of technical expertise (from a usability standpoint) and an interest in technology
Ability to pick up and maintain technical product knowledge quickly
Ability and willingness to travel approximately 30% of the time
*Relevant experience, while not limited to, might include selling CRM or CMS systems, ASP based data systems, Travel or Meeting Planning Services.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace