Senior User Interface Engineer
Vertafore | Development | Denver, CO
Vertafore has transformed the insurance industry through software solutions for the whole market… and we are looking to do it again. We need UI developers who can help architect large front-end application development, not push pixels and build forms.
Do you want to do more than write code? Do you want to shape the future of an entire suite of products? Do you want to share your passion and knowledge with other UI developers? Are Chrome DevTools and Firebug your favorite co-workers? If so, we have a great team and a suite of growing products that need your help.
As a Senior Software Engineer, focused on UI, you'll do more than just create what our users see and experience. You'll play a pivotal role in designing and implementing the best solutions to complicated problems. You will also have an opportunity to contribute in the UX realm by helping to design the UIs you will create and develop.
We need senior UI developers that:
• Have experience with client-side MVC frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS)
• Have experience with mobile/responsive design (preferred)
• Are very strong in both design and implementation
• Drive architectural decisions for the front-end
• Are good mentors and teachers in the UI realm
We love senior UI developers that:
• Have full stack development experience utilizing .Net or Java on the backend
• Are experienced working with XD and may have created a design or two using tools like Sketch
• Have knowledge of RESTful APIs
• Clearly communicate and defend design decisions
• Are self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
• Are driven to improve, personally and professionally
• Can interact with customers to gather insights
• Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them
• Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
We really like it when they:
• Have experience working in an Agile environment
• Prepare technical training and information sessions for other staff