Senior Software Engineer (Java)
PowerSchool | Compliance | Bengaluru, Karnataka
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
PowerSchool is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer for it’s Compliance Technology team. The successful candidate will leverage a deep knowledge of software engineering discipline and enterprise product development best practices to architect, develop, execute and deliver critical and time sensitive product capabilities to our clients. The candidate must be a technical expert who possesses the functional and technical acumen and execute in an agile software development process, establish relationships, interact with stake holders at all levels and ensure on-time delivery of new product features, enhancements and bug fixes with the highest quality that delight end users. To be a successful candidate, you must have an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment. Strong communications skills and the ability to multitask is required.
· Lead a software development team and manage software development projects from inception to delivery. Be both a highly technical hands-on coder and effective people manager.
· Understand educational regulatory landscape and compliance requirements; analyze requirements, architect, develop and deliver compliance technology and products that deliver optimized compliance outcomes for customers.
· Establish goals and objectives for the team that aligns with the overall roadmap and delivery schedules. Coordinate multiple projects and manage competing priorities.
· Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts. Work in partnership with the product managers, QA and other stake holders to engineer and deliver the best products that delight end users.
· Use your creativity to drive innovation. Use your expertise to take on and solve complex technical problems during the development lifecycle. Ensure technical architecture and code are extensile, maintainable and supportable.
· Ensure unit testing, integration testing and code reviews are implemented and completed for functionality, performance, scalability and security; ensure adherence to standards and best practices
· Drive automation initiatives that reduce time spent on development and QA processes. Employ mistake-proofing, continuous automation and continuous improvement; continually drive improved disciplines, process and tools.
· Coach and mentor engineering staff for skill development and experience.
· Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
• Expert in Java and Object oriented concepts
• Expert in working with Database like Oracle or MySQL or MSSQLServer
• Knowledge of Spring MVC, Hibernate, Webservices
• Problem solving and debugging skills
• Build and deploy web application on Application servers like Tomcat
• Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC)
• Experience in Scrum
• Ability to guide and mentor junior engineers
• Lead a team of developers and work independently
• Create Work Breakdown structure and get it executed from the team
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Desire to learn, grow, and improve
• A passion and natural curiosity for technology
Experience : 4-8 years