Sr. Product Manager - Market Segment LTL
Omnitracs | 5400 - RN - Product Management | Towson, MD
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
The Senior Product Manager has responsibility for supporting project execution, market research, market analysis, market positioning, schedule tracking and timely delivery to interim milestones, as well as leading product meetings, providing status to management, identification and management of barriers and risks. The Senior Product Manager works to develop the strategic product plan, product requirements, and go to market strategies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Development and maintenance of product requirements by working directly with Engineering Leads, Program Managers and Product Managers.
- Develop product strategy and positioning based on market research and customer feedback.
- Participate in the execution of a customer advisory board (CAB) program for each of our major market segments.
- Product leadership for assigned products from cradle to grave.
- Provide assistance to other products managers as needed.
- Understand the product details and lead product related technical and business analysis activities.
- Understand the system users and the user experiences
- Research and understand the competitive market landscape
- Represent the product team in periodic cross-function team meetings.
- Document creation and management.
- Clerical or general administrative work (set up meetings, take meeting minutes and publish minutes to the Product Team(s)).
- Developing and managing new features and feature enhancements designed to increase the value proposition of a product or its position in the competitive landscape.
- Ensures Product documentation is complete and up to date.
- Should be able to attend technical meetings and independently recognize potential impacts to Product deliverable, and take meeting notes. Must also understand relationships between products, projects, subsystems and tasks.
- EDUCATION:BS/BA in business, engineering, or a related field.
- EXPERIENCE: 5-10 years Equivalent experience in a R&D or business environment desirable.
- Certificate in Pragmatic Marketing a plus
- Experience with Agile development is a plus
- Experience in building and launching software applications in SaaS environment
- Experience in building and launching mobile applications
- Experience in the transportation industry is a major benefit.
- Strong team-player with proven ability to work effectively with and influence engineering, sales, marketing, services and support
- Ability to plan and execute on the product strategy
- Proven business and market planning skills
- Experience understanding and working with technical concepts.
- Knowledge of an API or mobile device dependent business (like IoT) is a plus
- Requires the mastery of standard Microsoft applications (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Possess strong computer expertise and the ability to learn new applications and technologies rapidly.
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to understand high level and low level business and technical concepts.
- Outstanding presentation skills and ability to create outstanding power point graphics. A minor in graphic design would be a plus.
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.