Senior Sales Executive (Durham, NC)
Automated Insights | Sales | Durham, NC
About Automated Insights
Automated Insights (Ai) is the creator of Wordsmith, the natural language generation (NLG) software that turns structured data into narratives that are indistinguishable from human-written content. This automated content can be used for important communication with customers, external publishing, or internal monitoring and knowledge sharing—all at a scale that would be impossible with manual efforts alone. In 2016, our Wordsmith platform turned raw data into 1.5 billion written narratives for clients like Activision, Yahoo!, and the Associated Press.
At Automated Insights, we are dedicated to treating all Ai-ers with respect, dignity, autonomy, and generosity and creating a best-in-career work experience for every employee. Our core values include “Enjoy the Journey”, “Choose to be Positive” and “No Jerks”. We know that having an excellent company culture is an advantage, and we've been recognized for ours. Automated Insights has been named a Best Place to Work in the Triangle five out of the last six years, and we're proud to have created an environment that empowers our team to do their best work.
The role of the Senior Sales Executive is to increase company revenue and develop new clients in a defined territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute sales prospecting plan to penetrate target accounts and capture significant market share in assigned territory.
- Effectively position the value proposition of Ai Wordsmith and negotiate agreements.
- Harvest new sales opportunities through outbound prospecting and limited inbound lead generation.
- Consistently deliver on quarterly and annual sales/business objectives/quotas.
- Deliver accurate and timely pipeline reports and forecasts.
- Work closely with legal teams to negotiate software contracts with clients.
- Provide recommendations to the management team of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, and suggestions of how to address and leverage each as it relates to the penetration of the market.
- Work closely with Solutions Architects for product demonstrations, mockups, and trials needed to close business.
- Successfully manage and prioritize a long list of tasks and meetings.
- Travel as required.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 6 years of software sales experience
- Demonstrated understanding of consultative sales approaches
- Experience with full life cycle of sales, from prospecting to contract negotiation and closing
- Experience selling large deals ($100,000 and above) with ability to navigate complex sale cycles
- Demonstrated success with outbound prospecting
- Experience delivering product demonstrations and presentations online as well as in-person
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
- Track record of meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual goals
- Effective organizational, time and task management skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Preferred experience working opportunities with SIs and through partner channels
- Preferred experience selling:
- Marketing automation solutions
- SaaS solutions
- Business Intelligence solutions