Assistant Manager- Meeting & Events
Cvent | Marketing | Gurgaon, Haryana
Cvent is looking for an Assistant Manager, Events to help manage Cvent’s 500+ events annually.
This strategic position requires the ability to work on several projects at one time and be data driven & results-oriented. The candidate must be a detailed oriented person with strong event planning skills, forward-thinking, and able to creatively solve problems in a constantly changing environment. This person must apply sound judgment in strategy meetings with management when dealing with new initiatives, budget discussions, and company events roadmaps. This position will partner closely with marketing and sales to ensure every event is handled professionally with flawless execution. In addition, a successful candidate will have experience negotiating with internal and external groups, ability to propose new and creative ideas, highly effective communication skills, and ability to build constructive and effective relationships.
· Supervise 500+ events annually
· Assist in live events projections, road mapping and maintain financial reporting
· Create reports for analyzing attendance, cost and ROI for seminars and other events
· Manage internal event planning for India office
· Negotiate to gain noticeable vendor savings through contract negotiations - all within strict budgetary parameters, tracking financial benefits.
· Identify opportunities for efficiencies and cost savings
· Ensure timely delivery of seminar data to internal teams
· Develop and maintain a database of venues.
Manage the team’s bandwidth and efficiency reports
· 5-6 years of Event production and/or planning experience is required
· Attention to detail, deadline focus and ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks
· Experience in handling/supervising a team
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong negotiation skills
· Exp. In budgeting and financial analysis required
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams
· Strong computer knowledge of internet, Email Clients, MS Office suite
Salesforce knowledge is a plus