QA Team Lead
STATS | Product & Technology | Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Work with business analysts and development teams to clarify User Stories and Acceptance Criteria to ensure testability
- Interact daily with product owners, business analysts, and developers to ensure the translation of use cases and/ or technical specifications into test cases and test suites
- Conduct a range of tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
- Design, develop, and maintain test plans and automated test scripts in a dynamic, agile development environment
- Provide input into design, coding, and integration testing and release of the final product
- Work closely with engineering to troubleshoot and lead the root cause analysis process
- Perform verification tests to ensure software corrections
- Conduct performance and scalability tests
- Estimate testing efforts on projects
- Document and report defects
- Continuously improve upon QA expertise, knowledge, and best practices
- Contribute to launch plans and sign off on launch readiness
- Represent the QA team at status, stand-up, and technical meetings for all applicable projects
- 5 to 6 years of industry experience of which 2 to 3 years are on successfully leading software testing teams comprising of at least 3 resources
- 1 to 3 years of manual and automated software testing experience
- Bachelor’s or Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Ability (and interest) to teach others
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Technical experience of some kind (development, db administration/sql, CI/CD implementation / config management, etc.)
- Experience with Gherkin / Cucumber
- Previous experience with CI/CD (specifically TeamCity, but any tool will work)
- Strong interest in sports (any and all sports)
- Previous experience working on/with teams spread between the US and India
Who We Are:
Our values at STATS mimic those of foundationally great team franchises. We have ambition to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It’s Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We look for candidates that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative GSD environment.
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It’s Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator, and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are a driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and other accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.