JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Senior Software Engineer - Java
EAB | Enrollment Services | Richmond, VA
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,200+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
For more information, visit www.eab.com
Sr. Software Engineer - Java
- Work with development managers, product managers and other stakeholders to get clarification on business requirements and then implement solutions including code development and database design
- Ensure high-quality solutions by implementing unit tests and supporting the creation and design of integration, load and user acceptance tests
- Support operations by identifying, researching and resolving performance and production issues
- Aid in the development of solutions that support consistent information architecture, taxonomies, visual standards, interaction patterns, and use cases across multiple applications
- Review designs, document technical specifications, and assist in providing development estimates for the implementation of features/fixes in accordance with Agile Development best practices
- 5+ years of professional Java development experience
- 5+ years of experience working with relational databases
- 5+ years of professional work experience with HTML or HTML5 and Web Technologies
- Experience with NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Experience with messaging protocols (JMS)
- Experience with version control systems (SVN, Git)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- UNIX shell and network expertise
- Experience developing in a server side web development programming language
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of multiple languages/alternative frameworks and ability/desire to learn new technologies
- Ability to communicate with business and technical teams both orally and written
- Goal oriented team player
- Strong work ethic and commitment to continuous improvement
- Attention to detail
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.