Senior SW Engineer
Omnitracs | 1683 - FRA - COS | Dallas, TX
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
The Senior Software Engineer will be a key member of the Omnitracs Data and Analytics organization. The Data and Analytics organization provides data, reporting and analytics services. The team delivers solutions using both traditional EDW / RDBMS and Big Data platforms. The predictive analytics suite includes modeling solutions for driver fatigue, fleet safety, worker’s compensation, recruiting, and retention. The team also continuously explores new avenues for leveraging data as a strategy asset and help create new revenue streams. The incumbent in this role will be in a position to have an immediate impact on creating industry leading solutions that have a direct effect on our customers’ business.
- 5+ years of Java/JEE experience designing scalable, highly-available, fault-tolerant systems
- Experience with REST/SOAP Web services
- Strong software design skills related to object-oriented concepts and design patterns
- Extremely well versed in software design, implementation and test skills
- Highly proficient using SQL / RDBMS
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Familiarity with continuous Integration/Build Tools such as Gradle, Maven, Jenkins
- Big Data Platform (Hortonworks, Cloudera or Map-R) experience
- Experience using Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, Storm, Kafka and HBase
- Experience using Scala, Python, R
- Knowledge of Big Data ETL such as Informatica BDM and/or Talend tools
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering; advanced degree preferred