Entry Level Business Development Associate
Omnitracs | 1433 - OT US - MARCOMM | Dallas, TX
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
The Business Development Associate is responsible for generating new business opportunities and qualifying sales leads. The BDAs will work cooperatively with the Marketing team to generate initial interest and qualify leads for handoff to the Sales Team.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Duties include inbound and/or outbound telesales activities for inbound and outbound leads.
- Works to achieve monthly sales-qualified lead goals driving interest in Omnitracs products.
- Learns and utilizes organized lead processes, maintaining data-quality standards at the highest level.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for Omnitracs Sales & Marketing and represents our professional & client serving reputation.
- Becomes knowledgeable of company's products and target industries to facilitate sales efforts.
- Provide information in order to educate and inform new opportunities about Omnitracs products and services.
- Utilize CRM database (Salesforce.com) to track activities, update data and competitive information.
- Uses time efficiently in order to meet personal goals and work collaboratively with other members of the team.
- Develop proficiency using personal computer and other common office equipment and software.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and departmental best practices.
- Present a professional image at all times both internally and externally.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the Marketing team.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent work experience
- EXPERIENCE: 0-2 years of experience selling, via phone, software products or services to customer accounts
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Familiarity with selling high value, long lead tiame enterprise solutions software or high value services.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including professional telephone demeanor.
- Competent computer utilization skills including importance of maintaining accurate information in a database. Familiarity with Salesforce CRM application a plus.
- Able to make good judgments based on evidence and available knowledge.
- Possesses confidence, professionalism, motivation and eagerness to succeed.
- Comfortable engaging in conversations with business leaders and management.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry a plus.
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.