Lead Software Engineer (Java, REST, NoSQL)
Cvent | Technology | Atlanta, GA
Come put your software engineering skills to good use at Cvent! You’ll be rebuilding and enhancing a cutting-edge meetings, events and travel product used by hotels and organizations around the world. As a Project Lead, you will follow best practices and use independent problem solving to help support and expand our product line. You’ll need to work in a collaborative, fast, Scrum-based team environment and interface with technology experts and product leaders to clarify requirements and complete testing and product delivery.
What You Will Be Doing
- As a Senior Software Engineer/Project Lead, you will be expected to demonstrate solid conceptual and technical skills.
- Implement new features and integrate them into the Cvent cloud landscape.
- Investigate, identify, solve, and fix software problems.
- Track down and destroy technical debt using a variety of modern tools.
- Work with other products and teams in the Cvent suite to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
What You Need For This Position
- 7+ years of professional experience developing enterprise Java applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Full-Stack Engineering background building out RESTful microservices architecture ideally in an enterprise environment
- Good knowledge in the public AWS domain
- Full Understanding of DevOps and Build tools such as Gradle, Maven, and Jenkins
- Strong Knowledge and Experience with relational and non-relational database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, CouchDB, and Mongo DB
- Experience with JBoss/WildFly would be a plus
- Any experience leveraging Docker for containers would make a candidate stand out
What's In It For You?
- Constant intellectual stimulation and fast-track advancement opportunity.
- Unmatched career development through company-sponsored training programs
- Exceptional reward programs that recognize employees who demonstrate our core values
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace