Engineer SW QA Associate - ES (BKF)
Omnitracs | 6197 - OT MEX - US Support Eng. Svcs. | Mexico City, Mexico City
System integration & test engineers will support quality assurance of our industry leading suite of fleet management services. I&T Engineers will have the opportunity to test/troubleshoot/support end-to-end application functionality across mobile and host, utilizing a verity of technologies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Test plan definition.
- Documentation and execution of test cases.
- Interact with different teams to identify scenarios that can be automated and which performance profiles need to be executed.
- Collaborate with Product Management and UX areas to review requirements and perform early testing over them.
- Document and track defects found during testing.
- Plan and execute regression testing.
- Partner with internal Development and Systems Engineering teams to ensure that requirements are fully understood, and ensure that actual development plans and work products meet those requirements.
- Ensure that our systems are fully and successfully tested end to end
- Other duties/projects as may be assigned.
- 0-3 years of experience testing mobile or web platforms
- Exposure to software development methodologies
- Exposure to subsystem hardware integration related to I/O level testing
- Well versed in the scientific method (designing, executing, and analyzing tests/experiments)
Required general skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as this position will require heavy interaction with a number of different groups
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders on a project to understand and explain highly technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently on assignments; self-starter