Accounting A/R Associate
Omnitracs | 1305 - OT US - Accounting | Dallas, TX
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
The Collections Associate is responsible for collections of customer accounts and analysis of customer account activity, account reconciliations, cash applications, negotiating payment plans with customers, interacting with outside credit agencies, miscellaneous billings and credit memos, process improvements and required reporting functions.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain customer receivable accounts within Company guidelines
- Collections per contract and invoice terms
- Work with contracts and improve processes for proper invoicing and reduction of errors
- Analyze, reconcile and report on customer activity
- Compile reports regarding finance and credit data
- Manage files, records, transactions and other office procedures
- Review individual and/or commercial customer files to identify and select delinquent accounts for collection
- Reconcile customer statements/billings
- Minimize bad debt risk and maximize accounts receivable collections
- Conduct collection phone calls and occasional customer visits to collect Accounts Receivable
- Generate financial ratios using computer programs, to evaluate customers' financial status
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- EXPERIENCE: 0-2 years’ experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office products and ERP system experience
- Understands purpose and scope of legal documentation, and the terms and conditions of the sales and installations contracts of company’s products
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.