Director, Third Party Partnerships
Cvent | Sales | Tysons Corner, VA
The Director’s initial focus and responsibility is to develop a software ecosystem in North America by identifying and developing relationships with key partners in the marketing and procurement clouds. This includes managing relationships, defining incentives, creating sales processes and defining experience of partners aligned with our global strategy. This position leverages cross functional personnel and resources across the Cvent organization and the respective partners to achieve pipeline, revenue, and strategic partnership objectives. This role owns the primary relationships with event's partners as well as manages the internal event cross-functional relationships to advance strategic client development, channel sales, sales operations, joint R&D and client services.
- Define and design the partnership objective for Cvent in the marketing and procurement ecosystems.
- Drive the relationships necessary to reach mutually beneficial objectives and the cross functional commitments to achieve them
- Own the definition and execution of the partner launch plan for new event business unit partners
- Liaise with marketing and technology teams to ensure that product roadmap and marketing are working together.
- Design the go to market strategy for key partners
- Accurately capture demand and provide reporting to management on partner success
- Engage Partner Sales Relationships & act as senior resource in closing business
- Identify, prioritize, and develop specific partner opportunities and strategic alliances which are optimized for exceptional user and revenue growth.
- Coordinate cross-functional partner and alliance execution with internal and partner stakeholders across product management, engineering, sales, marketing, finance, and legal
- Manage sales opportunities & funnel with current partnerships
- Develop new business through effective prospecting while also creating new for existing national accounts to drive revenue.
- Foster and develop long-term strategic relationships with suppliers that deliver competitive advantage
- Establish a pipeline of business, while maintaining an accurate sales forecast.
Partner and Internal Education:
- Work with marketing on defining partner education, incentives, and custom go to market solutions.
- Identify and facilitate the creation of tools necessary to educate event and partnership field sales and account management teams
- Educate event new hires, via training, as well as internal and partner non-field teams (i.e. R&D, finance, implementation, marketing, legal) on partner relationships
Education, Experience & Training required:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience, MS preferred
- 8+ years experience in partner management and development
- Experience in negotiating partner agreements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Key sales & account management techniques and practices
- Knowledge of the event management, hospitality and SaaS industries a plus
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a variety of problems
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors
- Interfaces with customer's executives and product administrators
- Provides direction to assigned team of partner sales reps according to defined guidelines
- Ability to travel up to 40%
Critical Performance Competencies:
- Demonstrates different influence styles as appropriate to situation while maintaining positive relationships
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships with associates and customers
- Competitive, high achiever
- Holds self accountable for results
- Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Hires, develops & rewards great people
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays personal & corporate integrity