Enterprise Architect Engineer
Omnitracs | 2120 - OT US - Sw Engineering-SD | Dallas, TX
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
This position is part of the Systems Engineering group within Omnitracs. The responsibility of a Systems Engineer is to define the overall technology strategy for current and future products and services, and to work with Product Management to generate technical requirements, define system architectures, testing strategies, etc. as part of the development lifecycle.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Define system architectures for building and integrating new services, features and capabilities into the overall system.
- Work in collaboration with Product Management to help define features for each service release, including writing technical requirements specifications, systems specifications, etc.
- Interact with diverse internal and customer technical and business teams to scope and define customer specific service and feature implementations.
- Partner with internal Engineering and Integration & Test teams to ensure that requirements are fully understood, and ensure that actual development plans and work products meet those requirements.
- Interface cross-functionally with internal operations teams to ensure that feature and service plans support the needs of the day-to-day operational teams.
- Coordinate with internal Integration & Test teams to ensure that our systems are fully and successfully tested end to end
- Troubleshoot integration and deployment issues and develop alternative solutions, workarounds, triaging, etc. to resolve system issues.
- Other duties/projects as may be assigned.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in same a plus.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years’ experience in System Engineering with a proven track record in successfully completing projects while meeting and/or exceeding the project goals and objectives.
- A good understanding of project life cycle including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Proficiency with designing and developing scalable, client-server software systems.
- Sound understanding of wireless and/or terrestrial communication protocols
- Sharp problem solving skills
- Strong analytical capabilities and decision making skills in the presence if ambiguity and conflicting information.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in object oriented software architecture design a plus
- Experience in tools/scripting for data analysis is a plus