JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Application Support System Engineer II
Aspira | 150 - Production Website Hosting | Dallas, TX
Reporting to the Manager of Application Support, the Systems Engineer II is responsible to provide quality support for a wide variety of products and services. This position will focus on application support but not limited to just ensuring availability and stability of our products but also deliver effective technical solutions to achieve technology and business objectives. Responsibilities include research, diagnose and repair issues. Alternatively, some solutions might be in the form of data and web form changes.
SUMMARY OF PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot production incidents
- Perform initial log analysis to identify the root cause of the application issue
- Create SQL queries to perform data change, research and produce ad hoc reports as required.
- Perform web configuration changes as required as quick solution when resolving issues or upon client requests.
- Identify failed transactions and real-time processing events and engage appropriate technical owners to drive problem resolution
- Monitor the environment health and drive improvements to enhance availability and performance
- Drive permanent solutions and improvements after root cause is identified
- Identify opportunities for automation and operational efficiency
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other team members
- Ensure support readiness prior to the deployment of any change to the production environments
- Collaborate with internal business partners, engineering teams and other technology professionals daily
- Create, maintain and share support documentation
- Take ownership of issues or requests and deliver high quality solutions in the required timeframe.
- Excellent at troubleshooting and resolving issues with no or minimal assistance.
- Intermediate web scripting knowledge.
- Intermediate Linux and Windows operating system knowledge.
- Knowledge of web technologies like ColdFusion, Apache, Jetty Tomcat or Microsoft IIS.
- Extensive knowledge of database queries in Oracle or Microsoft SQL.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Academic Level: Bachelors
- Industry Experience: SaaS or Software Development
- 2+ years of application support experience in a LAMP environment
- Any coding or scripting experience is highly desired.
- Experience with supporting Point-Of-Sales or Electronic Funds Transfer applications a major plus.
- Must be able to work proactively in a rapidly changing team environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational and documentation skills and be able to interface with
- Must be able to work collaboratively with Developers, Consultants, and Internal Customers.
ASPIRA PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive base salary
- Stellar benefits package with 3 weeks paid vacation to start (pro-rated)
- Two additional paid days per year to "Get Lost" in an experience and to “Give Back” to the community
- 401K plans for your retirement
- State of the art downtown facility
Aspira is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.