PowerSchool | Sales | US - Remote-based, CA
The Proposal Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, facilitating, and submitting proposals for all PowerSchool products and services. Primary duties include managing the full life cycle of the proposal process, analyzing RFP’s and other bid documents, collaborating with internal and external contributors and SME’s as necessary and developing the proposals. A Proposal Manager must successfully manage multiple concurrent projects. Other duties include collaborating with the team to improve and implement processes and templates, update and maintain the proposal library.
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Determine proposal direction and construction by helping to identify and clarify the solution and needs through analysis of the RFP
- Prepare a work plan that lists the tasks required to create the proposal, such as design, writing, editing, review, and production
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities, task ownership, and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; monitor and communicate proposal status; coordinate requirements with contributors; contribute proposal status information at review meetings
- Create text shells for all sections of proposal, providing standard text where possible for contributors to work with
- Develop proposal by assembling information from contributors; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, cover letters, etc.
- Read, edit and finalize each section of a proposal. Make changes to bring a consistent tone to sections from different contributors, ensure the content matches the RFP requirements, and includes standard or approved proposal language for legal sections
- Ensure proposal is compliant and completed according to the RFP instructions • Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes
- Assist with proposal library update and maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous proposal writing and managing or proposal coordination experience
- Understanding of, and ability to interpret, RFP structure and requirements
- Excellent research skills and the ability to write persuasively and articulately are essential
- Ability to communicate in a professional and credible manner
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, computer, and organizational skills
- Strong written communication, knowledge of technical documentation, layout skills
- Deadline-oriented, with great attention to detail
- Ability to work seamlessly without supervision
- Constant indoor collaborative work environment in close contact with co-workers
- Frequent social interactions and interruptions
- Frequent work under time restraints
- Rare travel