JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Cvent | Technology | Portland, OR
Are you a strong writer? Do you love technology, but find yourself critiquing the writing in your favorite app? Do you have a knack for showing people how to get things done the easy way? If that sounds like you, join our team! Cvent is hiring a Content Specialist to write compelling content for web and mobile applications and create documentation that helps customers succeed.
You’ll join a team of talented content specialists who work collaboratively with designers, developers, product managers, and usability experts to create content that helps users explore our product. This position is part of the Content Strategy team within Cvent’s User Experience (UX) department.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collaborate with other teams to write easy-to-understand user interface text
- A strong eye for grammar and a deep respect for content style, voice, and tone
- Help to drive a vision for our product content across all platforms
- Provide leadership to the content strategy and UX teams to ensure content meets both business objectives and user’s needs
- Gather and prepare technical product documentation and new release highlights for clients
- Review, edit, and develop internal processes and documents
- Improve the application through content reviews and user testing
- Research, analyze, and provide usability feedback to the product team
- Assist in maintaining an application content style guide
- Articulate your content choices and the thinking behind your work (fight for your words!)
- Work closely with the Localization team to make sure content translations are done correctly and quickly
What You Need for this Position
- BA/BS in Technical Writing, Communication, Marketing, Journalism, or related field
- 0-2 years of experience in UX writing, technical writing, product documentation, or equivalent
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with designers, engineers, and product managers
- Passion for creating a great user experience
- Excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills
- Ability to learn new technology and applications quickly
- Superior attention to detail
- Not afraid to ask questions and give ideas
- Ability to communicate with different audiences
- Willingness to take initiative and be accountable for your own work
- Working knowledge of styles, HTML, and Microsoft Office required, Adobe products a plus
- Knowledge of any online help software, content management system, XML, layout/design software, programming, and databases