Consulting and Deployment Specialist- Contractor
PowerSchool | Services | US - Remote-based, CA
The PowerSchool Consulting and Deployment Specialist provides leadership for the implementation and deployment of PowerSchool student information systems software. This role has overall responsibility for delivering and supporting the implementation of projects of varying in scope and size to school districts via implementation projects as well as provide high level consulting for front end use and deployment of PowerSchool SIS Administration. This customer facing position oversees all phases of implementation and consultation projects to ensure accurate and timely completion with high customer satisfaction. Only those with PowerSchool SIS Administration software experience should consider applying.
The Consulting and Deployment Specialist must have expertise administering and/or implementing PowerSchool. Also required is familiarity and experience with large-scale, K-12 technology implementations at the district level.
The Specialist is a professional able to perform in a highly dynamic environment and capable of learning software systems quickly, solve moderately complex technical and business operational challenges, assess the needs of customer/project base, provide consulting for specific product configuration and data, and make decisions quickly to ensure overall customer satisfaction and positive, progressive momentum of the project.
This position is involved in the project management, design, implementation, modification, configuration, maintenance, and consultation for/of computer systems and systems software. This role has overall responsibility for implementation of PowerSchool projects of varying scopes.
The Specialist must be able to perform in a highly dynamic virtual environment involving significant coordination across several concurrent customer projects as well as coordination with other PowerSchool Group LLC business groups to ensure the successful completion of implementation assignments, consultation and related deliverables while ensuring high quality and high customer satisfaction throughout the implementation effort.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Subject matter expertise in PowerSchool.
- Work experience in K-12 large-scale, district technology implementations.
- Familiarity with District, School and Student data, including an understanding of relationships between types of data for areas including: students, courses, schedules, student schedules, grade scales, terms, report cards, transcripts, state reporting data, standards, grade books.
- Moderate to advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge and use for working with data sets.
- Cross-platform computing experience is desirable (Microsoft Windows and Mac).
- Ability to handle multiple projects, priorities and adapt to continual change in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
Advanced Desired PowerSchool Knowledge
- Professional training and/or experience in project management desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of grading, grad planner and GPA creation and troubleshooting.
- Deep knowledge for all PowerSchool reporting elements.
- In depth knowledge of PowerSchool data structure and business logic with ability to analyze and correct data errors.
- Advanced knowledge and use of DDA and Import/Export functions.
- Knowledge and understanding of all product configuration items and how they control data input and downstream reporting needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of database extensions with ability to consult customers on use and migration from custom fields.
- Familiarity with ODBC and SQL use in relation to PowerSchool.
- Working knowledge of PowerScheduler and Walk-In Scheduling.
This position is focused on remote customer work via remote/home office, however travel work maybe be available too.
- Serves as project team lead and guides the work of internal and client team while ensuring responsiveness to district needs. Is accountable for overall performance and delivery of defined services scope of work.
- Develops relationships and works with key district and school stakeholders (e.g., program and technical leadership staff) to identify and articulate project goals and objectives; ensures all tasks and decisions align to goals and objectives.
- Drives and facilitates decision-making and consensus among key stakeholders (program and technical) at the local district.
- Facilitates scheduling of product training, conversion of data, and software installation.
- Provides consultancy on setup, configuration, data mapping, and customer business processes.
- Applies project management methodology to all projects, including setting expectations and managing to scope.
- Communicates project status to project team and affected groups on a regular basis.
- Provides leadership and consultancy on setup, configuration, data mapping and customer business processes throughout the software implementation.
- Develops project schedules including project training, conversion of data and software installation.
- Provides direction for and coordinates efforts of all cross-functional project team members.
- Collaborates with Program Manager to actively identify additional products and services with existing customers; manages change control process as necessary.
- Understands and supports internal and partner vendor implementations, involving services.
- Manages client product expectations by understanding and adhering to established product development process; balances both client requests with PowerSchool Group LLC company objectives.
- Acts as liaison on customer’s behalf to internal business units (e.g., sales, business operations, implementation, product education, technical support).
- Communicates with PowerSchool Group LLC and customer’s stakeholders in an effective, professional manner throughout the duration of the implementation effort. For example, this will include an internal kickoff call, explaining the scope and process with a customer, as well as additional communication to resolve specific questions.
- Communicates directly with PowerSchool Group LLC customers by phone and email to assist with district/school configuration, district data migration, reconciliation of customer satisfaction issues, clarification of customer requirements and stats/steering meetings.
- Responds to feedback, resolving any issues in a manner that satisfies the customer while meeting PowerSchool Group LLC business objectives.
- Creates and maintains all project documentation including accurate records of individual implementation project deliverables/work products, status and issues.
- Assist the service team and peers with continued process and approach improvement for the PowerSchool SIS product implementations.
- All other responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Must establish home office with uninterrupted atmosphere to work remotely via phone and virtual meeting sessions.
- Must supply own modern computer for work purposes that will need to follow PowerSchool guidelines for ensuring secure data handling.