Director, IT Operations, Cloud and Security
Vista Consulting Group | Vista Consulting Group | Austin, TX
Vista Consulting Group is the operating and consulting arm of Vista Equity Partners, a private equity firm that specializes in acquiring software, data and technology enabled businesses. The VCG team works alongside Vista investment professionals and key portfolio company leaders to help current and newly-acquired businesses strengthen their operations through the implementation of standardized, repeatable and proven processes and methodologies.
Vista Consulting Group is experiencing strong success, resulting in the growth of our Product and Technology team. The Product and Technology team works with all portfolio companies to implement and drive operational excellence in product management and software development by optimizing people, process, tools and technology. This is an exciting opportunity to own and define cloud transformation and management best practices within highly-distinguished software companies.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
· Provide thought leadership and expert advice to Vista companies on:
o overall effectiveness and efficiency of data center technology systems and operations to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
o cloud providers, offerings, technical architecture, migrations, procurement and cost management
o core information security components
· Assist Vista companies with optimization of existing infrastructure and cloud environments providing technical architecture recommendations, cost management approaches and deep expertise on cloud providers’ offerings (focus on AWS, Azure and GCP).
· Advise DevOps and CloudOps teams on solutions for product monitoring, high availability, security, and scalability.
· Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud including implementation of Azure or AWS within in large regulated enterprise environments.
· Lead technical relationship with major co-location and cloud providers (Azure, AWS and GCP) ensuring Vista companies get access to proper resources, structure optimum commercial agreements and receive ongoing and uniquely differentiated services from providers.
· Build a trusted relationship with companies executives and nurture infrastructure, cloud and security expertise internally and externally to drive cloud adoption.
Technical Skills Required:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology.
· 15+ years as a systems architect and/or the equivalent experience designing and collaborating on complex software systems.
· Experience with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Azure or GCP) and experience in supporting cloud hosted applications, managing workloads into AWS and/or other cloud infrastructure
· Proven experience in managing co-located data centers and IaaS and PaaS providers in negotiating and managing SLAs and engagement contracts
· Proven experience in handling Cyber Security threats and prevention measures
· Experience in setting up and managing NOC/SOC operations
· Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills
· Strong interpersonal communication and relational skills, good organizational and project management skills; sound judgment; initiative; flexibility; detail-oriented
· Relevant Industry certifications such on Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenStack or Togaf.
· 5+ years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect, with focus on cloud, server, storage and networking.
· Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
· Familiar with DevOps and Agile methodology
· Experience in leading a team applying all elements of technical consulting
· Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
· Understands and can articulate the technical merits and value of cloud
Consulting Skills Required :
· Passionate, persuasive, articulate cloud professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate cloud based architectures.
· Experience in enterprise applications, solutions and data center infrastructures.
· Experience in platform and cloud migrations.