JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Lead Quality Engineer
Cvent | Technology | Atlanta, GA
Lead Quality Engineer
Are you passionate about creating high quality software?
Do you want to use cutting edge technologies on real projects that are in production?
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where sharing knowledge and ideas is not only encouraged – but expected?
Do you want to work for a steadily growing company where you can grow your career?
If you answered yes to all the above, then you belong at Cvent!
We are looking for Lead Quality Engineers to join our rapidly growing Technology Team. Cvent’s Technology Team is responsible for the design, development and operation of the company’s suite of cloud-based software products. We utilize the latest technologies, such as Java micro services and React single page apps to build our next generation software while employing the latest cutting-edge tools and engineering.
What You Will Be Doing
- Mentor and lead the quality engineering sprint team to deliver high quality software releases.
- Work on Internet scale applications, where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts.
- Work closely with product owners, development leads and other stakeholders to understand product specifics and create corresponding test strategies.
- Identify, record, document and track bugs.
- Analyze and support innovative mobile applications on a wide range of platforms including iOS, Android and others.
- Automate web based testing and Restful web services using industry leading tools such as Selenium and ReadyAPI.
- Gain experience testing in different database technologies, ranging from traditional relational DBs to the latest NoSQL products such as Couchbase and Cassandra.
- Further enhance your skills by testing some of the following technologies: Redux, RabbitMQ and Elasticsearch.
- Be a self-starter and possess the ability to research issues and improve processes.
- Manage multiple tasks and adjust to shifting priorities, as necessary.
What You Need for this Position
We care more about your attitude and aptitude than the specific tools and technologies you have used in the past. You need to have a strong passion for software quality and must take pride in the software the team is producing.
In addition to this, our IDEAL candidate will meet the following criteria:
- 8+ years of web based test management experience using some of the following tools: GIT, Stash, JIRA, FireBug, NVDA, Wave.
- 3+ years in a Quality Engineering Lead Role coordinating test efforts and mentoring more junior Quality Engineers.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with relational databases.
- Proficiency with Test Automation tools and scripting.
- Experience with Web APIs and/or Web Services.
- BS or MS in Computer Science OR related technical discipline. Equivalent experience also considered.
Other things that could make you a good fit:
- Experience in automating RESTful Java APIs using ReadyAPI.
- Proficiency with automating web based applications utilizing tools such as Selenium.
- Familiarity with message queueing systems like RabbitMQ.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as Couchbase or Cassandra.
- Involvement with, and a desire to mentor junior level Quality Engineers.
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, stock options, bonuses, 401K, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com