JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
PowerSchool | PMO | Burlington, Ontario
This position will work closely with the product manager to define and write product features to be implemented by the Scrum Team. You are responsible to assist in the definition of high-value extensions and enhancements to PowerSchool’s Administration product portfolio. This position will follow the Agile development process, to define the scope of work for the Scrum team by creating user stories, developing acceptance criteria and refining the product backlog. Working with product management and subject matter experts, you will apply incremental delivery principles to working practices, driving the delivery of value through your teams; communicating progress, eliciting feedback and enabling stakeholder reviews for validation in the process. This position will also use their skills to advance the progress of the Agile maturity model and provide timely reporting to Senior Management to ensure corporate objectives are being met.
- Support the product manager in the development of product vision, goals, themes and features. This translates into a product roadmap and long-term product strategy and feature development
- Participate in daily scrum ceremonies, leading refinement sessions, and engaging with your Engineering team, guiding direction and focus
- Support the development of a prioritized Product Backlog, including the development of user stories, acceptance criteria and scenarios for your Product Engineering Team to develop working software from. Understanding PowerSchool’s customers and their needs, engaging in agile and scrum methodologies to elicit feature requirements
- Review QA test plans to align with acceptance criteria • Review relevant documentation for technical accuracy
- Effectively communicate product release contents and expected product capabilities/behavior to stakeholders including external and internal customers
- Coordinates products between departments for global visibility
- Communicate the product vision to the technical teams as well as to other teams within the company
- Ensuring the correct features are being developed, considering the value being delivered against the cost of delivery
- Provide weekly reports on project status to Senior Management
- Monitor and identify impediments to release objective and suggest corrective actions as necessary
- All other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years’ prior experience in a product owner role
- Strong understanding of Agile Values and Scrum Methodology
- Eliciting and defining requirements for the development teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and multiple projects with frequent interruptions and schedule changes
- Ability to work in a changing, dynamic environment
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail, while still results oriented
- Experience working with and presenting to individuals in an organization
- Basic knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology practices
- Experience working with teams and group projects
- Experience with some level of business analysis, documenting use cases or requirements gathering
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer science, or equivalent work experience