VIEW ALLAPPLY NOW
Junior Desk Side Assist Engineer
Advanced | Administration - IT | London, England
- Log or update all IT enquiries that reach you (by phone, email, IM, or in person etc.) in the central ticketing system. Ensure that tickets are updated daily, unless there is an agreement evidenced for them to be on hold for a specific time period.
- Provide technical desktop and application support to staff in person on site, or to remote workers as required. Undertake technical troubleshooting and research issues with the relevant manufacturers or vendors as required.
- Escalate tickets that require help from other resolvers in order to deliver best practice customer service or to achieve SLA.
- Be involved in both reactive and problem management of IT issues in line with ITIL best practices. Contribute to Problem Record documents and conference calls as required.
- Run inductions for new starters and share knowledge with other Desk Side Engineers
- Take ownership of work required on site to create and support processes for:
- Incident Management
- Service Request Fulfilment
- Procurement and Licensing
- Asset and configuration management,
- New starter and leaver processes in conjunction with any HR / Facilities requirements.
- Desk or office moves,
- Supervising IT contractors when on site,
- Completing periodic audits (of security, or equipment or for regulatory purposes),
- Hardware or software roll outs or upgrades to individuals,
- Desk side patch management
- Ad hoc project implementations