Omnitracs | 1308 - OT US - Tax | Dallas, TX
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
We're looking for an energetic tax professional to take a hands-on role assisting in corporate sales/use tax and income taxes. The ideal candidate will be solutions driven. The staff will be required to gather and manipulate data from various sources to create workpapers for monthly sales/use tax preparation, and data delivery to outsourced compliance service providers. The candidate will create workpapers for income tax filings for several entities including estimated tax payments and quarterly provision. The staff will work closely with the sales/use tax manager and income tax manager to support the various tasks in both tax areas.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist with the sales/use tax compliance process and audits
- Monitor tax notices and their resolution
- Assist in managing the preparation of outsourced tax returns and provide necessary information to third party tax consultants
- Assist with the preparation of estimated federal and state income tax payments
- Prepare corporate Federal and state tax returns
- Prepare workpapers for various book to tax differences
- Perform quarterly reconciliations of tax accounts
- Prepare necessary schedules for state income tax apportionment
- EDUCATION:Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Tax
- EXPERIENCE: 1 – 2 years of Tax experience
- Working knowledge of tax return preparation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Proficient working knowledge of Excel is preferred
- ONESOURCE knowledge/experience is a plus
- BNA Fixed Assets software experience is a plus
- Positive attitude and willingness to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.