Manager, Customer success
Granicus | Professional Services | Washington, DC
Granicus is expanding and Customer Success is vital to ensuring our government partners achieve results through our best-in-class solutions. To this, we’re seeking an experienced leader in the Customer Success field who is proven in developing and implementing practitioner best practices at scale.
The Manager, Customer Success is accountable for our clients’ adoption of our growing suite of SaaS solutions and services, and is responsible for driving visible value aligned with our clients' business outcomes. As a manager you are a driven leader with authentic ability to motivate individuals to succeed and make a remarkable organizational impact.
Strong candidates will have experience in managing a data-driven Customer Success program. Importantly, you also bring organic relationship-building skills and demonstrated ability to deftly navigate in internal and external conditions. You are a dynamic corporate citizen reliably contributing to improvement and adherence of business processes, and an active corporate athlete relentlessly pursuing advancement of core competencies.
What you get to do:
- Lead Customer Success Team through organizational transition with strategic approach, steadfast adherence to process, and superior supervisory skills
- Create, implement and refine Customer Success programs to drive customer lifetime value through accelerated product adoption
- Ensure best practices are adopted and employed by individual contributors and teams along the maturity curve for respective products, as well as contribute to the evolution of practices
- Whole-heartedly set model of collaborative sales relationships and authentically encourage opportunity expansion with record in SalesForce
- Avidly monitor team’s client and performance metrics to provide learning lessons, and identify mitigation points
- Prescriptively deliver feedback to strengthen practices, and acutely address performance issues
- Discerningly elevate organizational and individual issues at appropriate times to respective advocates
- Advance team learnings through retrospectives and transparent dissemination of information
- Advocate for customers throughout cross-functional divisions
- Passionately pursue developments in Granicus product portfolio, as well as SaaS customer-success practices, competitive advancements, and modern engagement trends
- Enthusiastically represent Granicus at internal and external speaking events as a subject-matter expert in our products and respective civic and citizen knowledge pillars
What we need in you:
- 7+ years increasing responsibility in a relevant field, such as an agency, public sector organization, or software company
- Demonstrated experience in team building, leadership or management formal or informal positions
- Sustainable professional metabolism in a high-performance environment
- Natural ability to foster internal and external relationships
- Extraordinary appetite for analytics and advancement driven by data with preferred knowledge of civic-management and citizen-engagement tools
- Pursuit of public sector information, developments and future, as well as Granicus, Vista Equity Partners, and external best practices in business areas and leadership/management
- Excellent organization skills and a passion for process and business systems, as well as process improvement ideation
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for internal and external relationship building at all levels of the organization, including cross-departmental colleagues, C-suite and clients
- Ability to thrive in a lean, self-propelling, proactive environment
- Commitment to diversity of thought and consideration of different ideas
- Willingness to travel, as needed, up to 20% for client meetings and Granicus commitments
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
Your performance is measured based on your team’s client adoption and retention metrics; training and upskilling program completion; cross-functional collaboration; corporate citizenry and advocacy; and individual development goals as outlined and monitored with your supervisor. Your supervisor’s goal is to establish a plan for you to be successful in your current role, while outlining a professional development path.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.