Vertafore | Development | Montreal, Quebec
To provide programming and analysis in response to client programming requirements.
- Analyze system requirements and write programs
- Participate in technical design sessions, recommend solutions
- Provide structural coded statements from specifications
- Create test criteria, unit and integrated testing, data and file integrity testing
- Ensure accurate interpretation of client requirements
- Develop programming solutions which meet business requirements
- Test new programs and participate in system installations
- Perform investigations as assigned
- Program documentation and specifications
- Application/product support
- Ability to quickly determine solutions to problems and ensure that the solution takes into consideration the entire application
- Act as a programming consultant supporting marketing requirements, prototype development, R&D and other critical corporate functions
- VB, VB 6 experience
- C-Sharp, .NET experience
- Solid understanding of SQL server
- Sound Windows client server experience
- IIS and ASP experience would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Insurance experience would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and write descriptive narratives, instructions that are somewhat involved, materials requiring careful use of special terminology.
- Must be able to communicate ideas, plans
andconcerns to all levels of staff and clients.
- Ability to discuss matters that are difficult to grasp; conveying the essence of complex situations effectively and persuasively.
- Communication with all levels of internal and external clients requires the ability to instruct and deal with contacts with a high degree of tact and courtesy.
- Keeps manager informed as to work progress and any problems/issues.
- Must ensure conformance with the programming methodologies.
- Provides full solutions to problems/enhancements; all solutions that are implemented are analyzed to ensure conformance with the entire system.
- Must stay up-to-date on evolving technologies.
- Must manage time in a way that facilitates the completion of all necessary tasks, fulfilling the client needs and ensuring maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and schedule activities in order to assure maximum efficiency for both self and project team.
- Performs in an accurate and effective manner with a
- Will be able to handle multiple tasks/deadlines at once.
Internal/External Client Relationships:
- Ability to handle situations tactfully when dealing with sensitive client situations.
- A high level of professionalism and tact is expected at all times.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (level of education and previous job experience required)
- University or College Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of structured experience working in a programming environment.
- Knowledge about the General Insurance Industry to understand the various systems and products utilized by clients and maintained by teams.
- Excellent understanding of the System Development Life Cycle.