Telarix | Business Development | Vienna, VA
Who is Telarix? You may have never heard our name but chances are if you’ve ever made an international call or sent a text to someone far away or used Uber you’ve likely benefitted from our solutions.
Telarix empowers communications companies across the globe to manage their international wholesale operations with a true end-to-end solution. From pricing operations to billing to fraud detection, Telarix capabilities offer carriers an unprecedented level of visibility and control of their interconnect traffic. At Telarix we enable and optimize the connecting and routing of voice and data from one network to another…in other words, we help the world stay connected.
What does this mean and why does it matter? We’ve solved major business problems for customers ranging from traditional telecom carriers like Verizon, Sprint and AT&T to disruptive players like Skype and Twilio. Globally we count TeliaSonera, Deutsche Telecom, Vodafone, Softbank, Telecom Italia, Orange, and Aircel among our many customers. With a carrier community of over 4000 individual companies, Telarix hosts the only industry wide B2B portal offering telecom carriers a secure and collaborative environment in which to conduct business. Our footprint extends all over the world helping our customers to provide the highest level of service so users like you can seamlessly stay in touch with friends, family, and businesses. Our software and managed services bring together award winning technology and technical expertise to provide a streamlined, secure and collaborative environment in which to conduct business.
Position Summary: Support the growth of iXLink, a global B2B portal, through the analysis of client requirements and market trends to formulate, specify and document product features.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze requirements from existing and potential customers to identify new features and enhancements for the software application.
- Translate business needs into functional and system specifications which detail the expected system behavior, usability requirements and use cases.
- Coordinate with Developers to assess feasibility and scope of proposed enhancements
- Provide ongoing marketing support for the Software
- Create and maintain product, sales, and marketing materials.
- Support user campaigns and webinars on the product feature/functionality
- Support market analysis & reporting of key business metrics
- Provide cross-departmental support related to marketing, pre-sales efforts, enhancement testing, and training.
Competencies To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving: Skillfully gather and analyze information in order to create a strategy for meeting the business objectives. Work well in collaborative group problem solving situations.
- Communication: Able to effectively document and present information to colleagues and clients. Able to clearly communicate goals and desired outcomes and negotiate win/win situations.
- Adaptability: Able to deal with frequent change and new challenges.
- Professionalism: React well under pressure and treats others with respect and consideration.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proficient in software applications like Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Basic knowledge of SQL queries is a plus and analytical tools
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. Ability to speak another language is desirable.
Education and/or Experience: Undergraduate degree in an analytical field such as Information Systems, Finance or Business Management.
- 1+ years of working experience in a professional environment
- Candidates with experience in any or all of the following areas: Marketing, business analytics, product management, Information System/Business Support System (OSS/BSS) development.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.