Channel Account Manager
TIBCO | 74600 Sales Channels - EMEA | Non-TIBCO Office,
This position is responsible for increasing revenue in Germany through identifying, recruiting and developing opportunity generating partnerships with partners, including: Value Added Resellers (VARs), System Integrators, and High Volume partners.
In addition this position is focused on driving the partners to operate as an extension of TIBCO's direct sales team through effective sales and technical training, demand generation marketing efforts and mutual business planning.
- The job holder will be expected to perform the following:-
- Sales Training – Ensure that partner is able to effectively position and sell TIBCO solutions. Work with the TIBCO sales team to drive partner sales training opportunities; ensuring partners have the tools to identify opportunities, sell TIBCO solutions, and fully understand TIBCO’s Partner program.
- Pipeline Growth and Management – Identify, in conjunction with partners, new sales opportunities. Ensure partners, TIBCO sales reps and management are working together in the sales process, lead generation, registering opportunities, accurately forecast bookings and tracking to required bookings goals.
- Relationship Management – Develop strong top to bottom relationships throughout the partner organization (Management, sales teams, technical teams and marketing) ensuring partner compliance with the TIBCO’s Partner Program and fostering a well-developed relationship between TIBCO/partner sales and technical teams.
- Excel at Conflict Management - Excellent conflict management skills, with ability to be fair and firm with TIBCO team and partners.
- Marketing & Demand Generation – Leverage TIBCO marketing funds to drive demand generation activities that generate the highest possible ROI. Manage channel marketing funds to ensure event and partner success.
- Account Mapping – Drive regular cadence of account mapping sessions with partners and the TIBCO sales team focused on driving net-new accounts and new opportunities in existing accounts.
- Business Planning – Work with partners to develop and execute a strategic business plan focused on driving new accounts, new opportunities, sales and technical competency and incremental bookings growth.
- Collaborate with Strategic Partner Managers to develop and execute business plans for our national strategic partners in territory where appropriate.
- Special Projects & Reporting - Work on strategic initiatives as established by channel management and reporting business issues/opportunities as requested by channel and/or executive management.
- Recruit and develop new partner relationship to drive whitespace penetration, access to new vertical and technology markets.
- Create and execute awareness and training programs for the TIBCO sales force to highlight partners, educate on the TIBCO Partner program
- Influence/channel leadership -Trusted advisor status with District Manager; lead, positively influence and shape behavior.
- TIBCO Messaging - Deliveri TIBCO story and messaging. High skilled at delivering compelling presentations on TIBCO's products & solutions.
- Leverage TIBCO internal resources - Influence and obtain sponsorship from internal TIBCO groups to support programs at partners to drive incremental business opportunities for TIBCO and the partner.
- Actively engage with TIBCO’s eco-system business partners to plan activities that will drive TIBCO awareness and opportunities with our partners.
- Achieve quarterly business metrics for channels. These include: Net New Opportunities (Deal Registration), Overall bookings thorough partners, Recruited Partners, # Training Accreditations/Certifications,Proof-of-Concepts/Demo through partners and Field Account Alignment meetings.
- The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly efficient & organized / excellent time management skills.
- Highly developed, clear concise and compelling communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate complex technology simply
- Well-developed business acumen and understanding of business strategy
- Excellent conflict management skills, with the ability to be fair & firm.
- Knowledge of the software industry withing Infrastructure or Analytics (desired)
- Detailed experience with Microsoft applications such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Clear, concise, and effective communicator - highly developed, clear concise and compelling communication skills. Persuasive pitch & presentation skills.
- Excellent sales and management skills
- Experience in two-tiered channel resale models
- Background in software/hardware sales and distribution – with large Software, Hardware, Security and/or Networking Companies
- Proven track record of success in sales and marketing programs
- In-depth knowledge of partner organizations, processes, business drivers and internal operations
- The position requires exceptional executive presence and ability to work across multiple executive roles to direct/educate/ communicate our business plan priorities and progress.