Granicus | Sales | 80202, CO
This position is the primary technical resource for the Granicus sales force. The Sales Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for Granicus.
This employee must be able to identify technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process and must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle. This individual will create technical and business combined solutions to meet varied customer requirements.
What You Get To Do:
- Develop and deliver product and sales demonstrations and presentations that explain key technical aspects of solutions that will benefit customers and prospects
- Act as the "go to" technical resource for the Sales team
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Answer technical questions about integration APIs
- Work with product and sales teams to interpret customer requirements and deliver solutions with the end-goal of sales in mind
- Provide feedback to R&D/Engineering for process or product improvements
- Travel with salesperson to meetings with customers
- Be a product expert and champion on all Granicus solutions
What We Need In You:
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails and RFPs. Strong ability to quickly comprehend and explain complex engineering concepts in simple, effective terms. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Potential for extensive travel.
- 5+ years of pre-sales engineer, consulting, or customer-facing service delivery experience is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent business or technical education required
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role
- Effective live and web-based presentation skills. Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving ability and ability to learn new technologies/concepts
- Self-motivated and possess the ability to quickly understand prospect's complex technical architecture/infrastructure
- Ability to apply solutions, technology and products to a business opportunity
- Strong organizational, communications and teamwork skills
- Knowledge and experience in cloud-based or SaaS platforms
- Experience working with the Public Sector is highly desired
- Proficiency in creating presentations and presenting in front of a diverse audience
- Proficiency in creating detailed solution schematics that are not only technical, but are also clear to a non-technical audience
Candidate Will Be Measured On:
- Achieving assigned productivity quotas
- Ability to maintain deal through-put in early deal-sales process steps
- Ability to help & support the achievement of growth targets for the assigned geography, channel, sales team and account base
- Ability to maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet customer standards
- Completion of required training and development objectives within the assigned timeframe
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status