Deskside Assist Manager
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | London, England
Advanced IT Services - part of Advanced, one of the largest software companies in the UK, is one of the UK’s leading providers of Hosting, Infrastructure, Network & Security services. We partner with a number of leading UK-based organisations, driving the UK’s digital transformation journey and delivering best-in-class IT services to hundreds of thousands of users every day. With an innovative approach to outsourcing, Advanced IT Services prides itself on using the latest technologies and partnering with leading technology vendors to deliver customers exceptional service delivery.
Business Unit Description
As part of the Service Operations management team, the Desk Side Assist Manager (DSAM) is responsible for directly managing a team of Desk Side Engineers, providing 2nd line on-site support to a range of key Advanced customers. Working towards the goal of providing an excellent customer experience, the DSAM will work to ensure that all aspects of the contractual obligations for their allocated activities are understood and that resource cover for contractual requirements is in place at all times.
- Ensuring a consistent approach to Service Delivery, and driving service quality upwards
- Responsible for effective management and development of DSA operations teams
- Understand the customer’s service aspirations and objectives and develop the DSA service offering accordingly
- Responsible for resolution of all escalations raised relating to services provided
- In collaboration with your team and colleagues, identify, recommend, implement and deliver operational efficiencies and that add customer value
- Put in place and develop operational systems to efficiently and effectively support the DSA service
- Attend relevant key Customer and/or Third Party Provider service meetings as requested by the Customer.
- Build best practice processes and procedures and ensure adherence through application of governance procedures.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction of DSA service; success measured by NPS, transactional surveys and any other customer service survey
- Accountable and responsible for customer communications from DSA management team, and for managing customer expectations.
- Make the DSA team an enjoyable environment to work in and provide career acceleration opportunities to team members
Suitable candidates will have a real passion for providing excellent customer experience, combined with:
- Strong interpersonal and customer facing skills
- Strong understanding (possibly generated through previous experience) of the key compenents of Service Delivery in IT & Managed Services environment
- Strong leadership skills & management skills, and a commitment to accelerated development of people
- ITIL Foundation v3 (desired but not essential)
- Willingness to travel (upto 80%, primarily in London)
We are career accelerators: we hire for potential and develop our people at pace. One of the UK’s largest technology businesses, we supply enterprise software and solutions to more than 20,000 UK organisations. Our systems and software support some of the UK’s largest and best-known brands & services across the public and private sectors.
With Excellent benefits from day one, including a contributory pension, life insurance and income protection insurance, Advanced offers a unique environment in which to develop you career quickly.