Channel Marketing Manager
Automated Insights | Marketing | Durham, NC
About Automated Insights
Automated Insights (Ai) is the creator of Wordsmith, the natural language generation (NLG) software that turns structured data into narratives that are indistinguishable from human-written content. This automated content can be used for important communication with customers, external publishing, or internal monitoring and knowledge sharing—all at a scale that would be impossible with manual efforts alone. In 2016, our Wordsmith platform turned raw data into 1.5 billion written narratives for clients like Activision, Yahoo!, and the Associated Press.
At Automated Insights, we are dedicated to treating all Ai-ers with respect, dignity, autonomy, and generosity and creating a best-in-career work experience for every employee. Our core values include “Enjoy the Journey”, “Choose to be Positive” and “No Jerks”. We know that having an excellent company culture is an advantage, and we've been recognized for ours. Automated Insights has been named a Best Place to Work in the Triangle five out of the last six years, and we're proud to have created an environment that empowers our team to do their best work.
The Channel Marketing Manager will play a critical role developing and managing the marketing strategy for our Platform and Partner ecosystem. This person will be responsible for managing all aspects of marketing within this channel, including developing, driving, and implementing marketing activities to ensure market share expansion. This role will work closely internally with our Marketing, Sales, and Product teams to deliver upon the messaging and positioning framework, as well as help to create and implement a communications strategy to drive success across the partner ecosystem. The Channel Marketing Manager will also plan, lead, and measure external campaigns working closely with our partners.
- Partner Portal – Manage and maintain our partner portal, ensuring that they have appropriate enablement materials.
- Partner Acquisition – Support demand generation campaigns to acquire new partners and uncover new opportunities within existing partnerships.
- Partner Marketing – Craft marketing engagement programs (such as events, webinars, and hackathons) that deliver upon agreed marketing activities including development of joint messaging and collateral, sales readiness tools, and customer success stories.
- Planning – Obtain a deep understanding of partner growth opportunities and organizational alignment, while anticipating their needs/requirements.
- Marketing Events – Manage relevant tech partner marketing events such as webinars, enablement, workshops, trade shows, and conferences.
- Technical Content – Contribute to white papers, case studies, and tear sheets.
- Demonstrates a high level of computer literacy, specifically MS Office suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Drive.
- Travel occasionally to meet with partners, attend events, and support the Sales and Business Development teams. Expect 0-3 trips per quarter.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Minimum 3 years working in marketing for a B2B technology company and/or for a professional services company. Campaign Management experience strongly desired
- Proven experience marketing highly technical products and/or services
- Strong relationship-building skills, using a collaborative work style
- BA/BS degree in marketing, business, communications, or relevant field of study
- Experience with SalesForce, Marketo, and PRM software is a plus