IT Systems Administrator
Omnitracs | 3512 - OT US - IT Business Systems | Minnetonka, MN
Responsible for supporting and fulfilling the IT requirements/needs of company Business Units. Maintains and administers computer infrastructure/operating environments and business software applications. Creates system/application test environments. Builds system/application tools.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Monitors computer operating system(s), networking and/or software application(s) availability and performance. Ensures users can access systems and/or applications that they need. Ensures system/application performance standards and service levels are met.
- Completes system, network and/or application fault analyses. Isolates the cause of system/application/networking issues and takes corrective actions to resolve such issues.
- Purchases systems/applications and creates test or prototype environments. Analyses/evaluates test or prototype environment performance and determines whether or not user requirements/issues can be met/resolved with new/upgraded systems/applications.
- Develops and/or writes scripts in order to conduct capacity planning activities. Completes system/application capacity planning, (i.e. how many users does system/application current have, what can it handle and what will future capacity requirements be).
- Measures system/application performance. Writes scripts and develops software tools to measure system performance, find system/application issues, etc. Gathers data and creates metrics to illustrate and report on system/application performance.
- Monitors internal employee and external security control access rights to systems/applications. Monitors traffic on networks. Ensures the security of company operating systems/applications. May develop software tools to monitor security control access rights.
- Builds computer HW, develops software applications and/or purchases and customizes new systems/applications. Decommissions old systems, networking equipment, applications and installs new systems, networking equipment and applications. Ensures new systems and applications operate according to user requirement specifications.
- Interfaces with end users to provide updates on pending system, application, Wifi and networking issues.
- Interfaces with vendors to purchase systems/applications, obtain technical support concerning current system/applications operations/performance issues, obtain system patch information, application debugging support, verify service level agreements, etc.
Continually researches and keeps abreast of new computer infrastructure, computer system operating environments and new software applications. Recommends the use of newer versions of HW/SW or different systems/applications in order to improve current system/application performance.
- EDUCATION: Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years prior work experience OR 3-5 years commensurate work experience required.
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.