Software Engineer in Test - Entry Level
KIBO | Product Development | Dallas, TX
Software Engineer in Test- Entry Level
Who We Are: Kibo. We provide industry leading eCommerce, distributed order management, and mobile point-of-sale solutions to retailers and branded manufacturers. Our cloud-based commerce suite enables customers to meet consumer demands anywhere, any time, and on any device. We have US offices in Texas and California and international offices in London.
Who You Are: A highly motivated individual interested in driving high quality software development! You will be contributing to the development effort of several enterprise level multi-tenant SaaS solutions, as well as mobile applications. The primary focus of this position is to drive high quality by building automated tests and tools that enable engineering wide efficiencies. You are passionate about creating superior software.
Why You Should Apply: This position offers you the opportunity to work with a newly formed organization on their industry leading eCommerce solutions. This role offers amazing growth potential for individuals looking to take their career to the next level.
- Works with developer, develops and executes the test strategy (plans, cases, etc.) for assigned areas.
- Provides technical expertise on specific products, operating systems and specialized environments.
- Logs defects into issues database and tracks them through closure.
- Configures workstations and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
- Reports test results and maintain schedules for assigned features and functionality.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and write automation code (Java, Python, Ruby)
- Has ability to analyze a problem and complete detailed reports.
- Possesses strong theoretical knowledge in software testing.
- Highly team oriented; able to thrive in an agile development environment with few barriers to creativity. Passion for quality
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience with or knowledge of test automation best practice
- Strong knowledge of web and internet technologies
- Knowledge with software development life cycle
- Excellent documentation skills communicating with technical and non-technical internal staff
- Experience with Java and/or other programing languages
- Experience in creation of test plans
- Experience in creating test cases
- Manual / Functional testing
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Automated testing and proficiency with Selenium or similar tools
- Knowledge of RESTful web service design principles
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and reusable components
- Knowledge of AWS services and/or Cloud based methodologies
- Knowledge of Hudson or Jenkins with builds
- Experience with Linux/Unix preferred
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Kibo Software Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipalities.