Application Consultant - HR & Payroll
Advanced | Services - Consultancy | ., England
The Team and Role
An OpenPeople and OpenHR Application Consultant is primarily responsible for the provision of Consultancy Services to customers for the OpenHR and Payroll products, providing expertise in both sector legislation as well as product knowledge to ensure successful delivery of across a variety of concurrent projects.
- Deliver Consulting Services in the Payroll and HR space, working primarily with the Advanced OpenPeople and OpenHR products
- Remain up to date with relevant legislative and industry changes to ensure delivery of services are up-to-date with latest position for the sector
- Provide high level consultancy service to customers on all aspects of the implementation of the Advanced's HCM application software products and solutions.
- Provide ad hoc consultancy in the use of the company products and solutions post implementation.
- Act as Project Consultant on a number of implementation projects simultaneously.
- Analyse business processes in order to gain an understanding of the business inputs and outputs that drive the clients business and requirements for software implementation
- Configure and implement software products on customer behalf
- Produce client business requirements documentation clearly and concisely
- Work closely with the Project Managers to ensure customer satisfaction at all stages of an implementation, including regular feedback on issues and opportunities.
- Provide customer problem resolution. Identify high priority defects or customer sensitive issues and work with the project team and customers to resolve each problem through the appropriate channels.
- Engage with the sales organization in pre-sales activities, playing an active role in revenue generation and deal qualification.
- Works with product management and development teams to ensure that any bespoke development and / or configuration is delivered in accordance with the requirements specification agreed with the Clients
- Build successful supplier and customer relationships.
- Develop, consolidate and enhance company and Third Party product knowledge in order to deliver first class consultancy to customers.
- Keep abreast of all current relevant statutory requirements
- Contribute to the development of Professional Services through the generation of new product ideas, improved packaging or improved processes for the delivery of services.
- Comply, in a timely manner, with all departmental and company required administrative activities.
We would like you to have:
- Knowledge of the Payroll and HR sectors, including the latest legislative requirements
- Experience of previous Consulting or Support roles within HR and/or Payroll sector
- Skills in business analysis, business process discovery and documentation techniques
- Must be a self-starter with the ability and motivation to deliver work to a high standard.
- Works independently on moderately complex projects that have a direct impact on business targets.
- Self-motivated, have excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to influence others.
- Be willing to take initiative in problem identification and solution provision.
- Have ability to lead focus group discussions, explain options available to customers, comprehend risks and gain agreement on the appropriate methods to implementing the solution for the customer whilst maintaining expectations at the correct level.
- Have sound experience in the delivery of relevant systems in the UK
- Excellent contributor to project team working.
- Provide expert briefings and training to other consultants and peers in other teams.
- Good organisational skills (time management, administration etc.)
- Team player used to following and refining the standards and procedures used for the provision of solutions. Provides support and assistance to other members of the group.
- Have a high level understanding of the functionality of the company products as required.
- Relevant qualifications are an advantage.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability and willingness to travel when required
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will help get you where you want to go. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast paced journey of discovery, however big that might be.
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that makes us different from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Join the A Team
Does this sound like the kind of role you are looking for?
If you are keen to join an organisation that is going through an exciting growth period at the moment then please apply via the link above.
Some of our Key Benefits are:
- The ability to work with engaged colleagues who share a passion for solving business problems
- Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- 25 days holidays
- Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team
- Be part of an organisation that has recently been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest growing tech Companies