Vice President - Human Resources
Cvent | Human Resources | Gurgaon, Haryana
Position: VP HR
Company: Cvent India
Reports to: Global HR Head
Cvent is a global meeting, event, travel, and hospitality technology leader, with more than 3,300+ employees worldwide. As a leading cloud-based technology company, we have over 25,000+ customers, including 80% of the Fortune 100 companies, in more than 100 countries.
Cvent’s software solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events. In addition to helping event planners navigate every aspect of the event process, we also provide an integrated platform to hoteliers to help create qualiﬁed demand for their hotels, manage that demand more eﬃciently, and measure their business performance in real-time.
Cvent is seeking to identify a high-impact HR Leader to be based at Cvent’s Gurgaon location. The VP HR is responsible for leading, developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation.
The role requires prior experience, leadership skills and maturity, besides the ability to manage global customer and business interactions. The position reports to Global HR Head, based out of Cvent HQ in Washington DC, and has a primary interface with multiple global partners and customers in a matrix organizational structure.
The candidate should have experience of managing multicultural/multi geographical teams, enabling a direct understanding of global social and/or professional culture issues and challenges. The candidate must have exposure to leadership issues and HR strategies. The preference is for a hands-on professional who can view and approach issues from first principles, backed by experience.
HR Strategies & Policies
- Design and implement impactful HR Strategies & Processes to deliver results for the SBU’s and the company.
- Proactively identify, plan and, through the team, implement process improvements across functions that will increase efficiency, fully utilizing our HR system and enhancing employee experience.
- Oversee the policy development and implementation process, giving guidance and direction as & when required
- Deliver a consistent employee experience across all units and locations of the company, through the creation of strong HR processes and governance
Organization Development & Change Management Development
- To contribute research, analysis and ideas to the development of the HR strategy to ensure that organizational development initiatives are appropriately integrated and aligned with strategic and business goals.
- Design and deliver OD and change management strategies, processes and interventions that support the organization’s ambition to be a high performing organization; to include initiatives which foster a high-performance culture, where valuing learning, continuous improvement and diversity are the norm.
- Provide advice & support to line managers on appropriate team structure & design to meet current & future business needs.
- To support specific performance improvement initiatives, e.g. Through the implementation of a new behavioral competency framework and 360-degree feedback process.
- Design and facilitate in-house events (e.g. workshops, away days) as required.
- Oversees the development and implementation of company-wide performance management program and provides advice and recommendations to management and staff.
- Periodically review human resource management performance measures, and identify necessary course corrections
- Oversees the development and implementation of company core competencies, core values, and key performance measures into performance management system.
- Provide ongoing oversight and support to ensure that performance measures are being used to effectively manage operations, identify and manage risks, and effect organizational change.
- Provide advice & support to line managers on decisions pertaining to people matters/strategy and ensure elevated levels of ownership on talent engagement, retention & development agenda.
Talent Management and Learning & Development
- To develop the organization’s approach to talent management and succession planning and to coordinate the contributions of key stakeholders to ensure effective implementation.
- To work with line managers on the design and delivery of appropriate and relevant Personal Development Plans for their employees; to commission and evaluate agreed internally-delivered interventions and to ensure best use of the development budgets.
- To develop coaching, mentoring and secondment schemes to support employee development and the achievement of Personal Development Plans.
- To lead on the development of an employee skills and knowledge database to maximize the diverse talents of the organization.
Compensation and Benefits
- Prepares the compensation and benefits budget, including the regular monitoring, reporting and adjusting of the budget
- Design & Implement C&B processes like the salary planning, bonus planning, new benefits introduction, etc.
- Developing a consistent compensation philosophy in line with work culture and organizational objectives
- Closely cooperates and manages the relationship with the compensation team/consulting
- Develop recruitment strategy and Facilitates development of appropriate organization structures with clearly defined roles and responsibilities and manpower requirements
- Partners with stakeholders to understand business requirements, educate them on India market and constantly evolve recruitment process
- Participates in formulating policies related to talent attraction and talent acquisition
- Participates in employer branding activities to increase brand reach, both internally and externally
- Willingness to initiate hands-on involvement and stretch skill sets in areas of: forecasting hiring needs from approved staffing plans, prioritization of request fulfillment, reporting and tracking of Talent Acquisition activity
We are looking for
- A go-getter! Someone who can roll up their sleeves and make things happen
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- A positive attitude to constantly learn on the job and openness to innovative ideas
- Expertise in HR across talent acquisition, compensation & benefits, performance management system, employee relations, HR policy & frameworks and compliance with HR laws. Basically, creating an institution that can attract and retain extraordinary talent
- Degree in Engineering / Science / Humanities / Commerce from a reputed institute / university.
- An MBA in HR from a reputed Institute
Skills & Experience:
- 18 - 24 years of experience of leading HR in an entrepreneurial and ambitious organization with demonstrable success, including at least 12 years at a leadership HR, managing Strategy and Delivery.
- Content Areas: should have worked in strategic HR areas, including Performance Management, Talent Management, Leadership Development, M&A integration and Rewards Design
- Strategic thinking, Analytical thinking, effective communication and planning skills.
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Excellent supervisory, team building, counseling and negotiating skills
- Ability to deploy HR interventions to attract, retain & develop best in class talent
- Familiar with working in the fast paced and performance driven cultural environment
- Competencies Required: Stakeholder Management, Functional Expertise of HR, Drive for Results, and Collaboration with all business groups.
- Having a global exposure would be an added advantage
- Proficient in public speaking