NAVEX Global | Product Development Training | Lake Oswego, OR
Job Title: Content Writer
Product Development & Training
Lake Oswego, OR
VP, Content (Training)
Full Time, Exempt
As Content Writer, you will be part of a team that reaches employees in every industry and in every location around the world with messaging about key ethics and compliance topics. You will be responsible for developing training content for our world-class eLearning library. Good writing skills are a must, but the right candidate is someone who is passionate about bringing fresh, creative ideas to every project and insists on a high level of quality and attention to detail.
In This Role You Will Often:
- Perform all aspects of content development from researching, outlining and concepting to writing, editing and proofreading.
- Work with subject matter experts to transform complex legal and regulatory language into content that is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to follow.
- Seek out ways to turn complicated into compelling – developing scenarios, Q&A, interactive exercises and other comprehension aids to enhance learning.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, synthesizing feedback throughout the life of a project to ensure final product is aligned with expectations.
- Develop solutions as part of a team, coming up with the “big ideas,” participating in brainstorming activities and translating that vision into words on a page.
- Pivot from one project to another, balancing multiple projects against competing timelines.
This Job Might Be For You If You Have:
- A bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of professional training content writing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A background in any of the following disciplines is a plus:
- Legal or ethics and compliance
- Instructional design, eLearning technology, learning theory, gamification, etc.
- An ability to write creative copy under tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- A commitment to on-time delivery
- Strong analytical and research abilities
- An ability to collaborate – with graphic artists and instructional design teams – but also the ability to work independently and assume responsibility in order to drive a job to completion
- Attention to detail, grammatical structure and compliance with AP style guidelines
- Outstanding proofreading and editing skills. Should be adept at spotting and correcting flawed or clumsy copy
Writing samples welcome. Candidates will be asked to draft some sample copy for a Training and Awareness team-relevant project.
Life at NAVEX:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
Bottom line, our team believes you can experience incredible growth and have one of the most meaningful experiences in your career at NAVEX Global. We compete for the best talent, offer a competitive salary, and a great benefits package in addition to the excitement of joining a team on a mission to build a phenomenal company.
About NAVEX Global:
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world. For more information, visit www.navexglobal.com.
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, employing qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. NAVEX Global complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.
NAVEX Global values diversity and encourages women, vets, minorities and those with disabilities to apply. For this reason, we invite you to self-identify below. Know the information you choose to disclose is confidential and minted by the Human Resources Team for reporting purposes only; the hiring manager for your position does not have access to this information.
Thank you for your consideration to self-identify.