IT Systems Implementation-Service Now
Omnitracs | 3517 - OT US IT Infastructure | Dallas, TX
The IT ServiceNow Developer/Administrator role provides primary software development responsibilities to manage Service Now software development lifecycle as well as develop overall design and implementation to support Omnitracs ITSM program respective to Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, CMDB and Knowledge management. In addition, this role requires subject matter expertise for complex administrative issues to ensure care and feeding of the Omnitracs Service Now Instance (ensuring uptimes with cloud provider as well as managing any downtime windows, managing ServiceNow releases to keep up to date, licensing and integration requests)
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Service owner and administrator of Omnitracs Service Now instance
- Support over software deployment execution for Omnitracs Service Now Instance
- Systems administration and support over Omnitracs Service Now Instance
- Development and execution of advanced scripting of business rules, UI Policies, Client Scripts, ACLs, Workflow Activities, etc.
- Technical leadership, Peer code review and ensure that team is following all the best practices
- Building and maintaining integrations using Web Services, JDBC, middleware etc.
- Managing CMDB health by using Discovery (or equivalent methods) to support Assets and Configuration, Service dependency mapping and Governance
- Building and maintaining Knowledge Management system in support of Agile process with governance
- Provide advanced support and administration for ServiceNow by troubleshooting, implementing bug fixes and root cause analysis etc.
- Participation and collaboration of SDLC using Agile\Scrum methods
- Support any engineering or operational initiatives related to new product offering or sustaining activities. This will require IT systems architecture and design for feasibility of any new solution.
- Regularly provide detailed project status reports to IT or Engineering Project managers and/or customers
- Update and maintain technical documentation in SharePoint site and any relevant wiki pages
- Document management: Ensure program documentation is complete and effectively communicated to appropriate persons and departments
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Computer Engineering; or Associate Degree and equivalent work experience
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification required
- ServiceNow Application Developer Certification preferred
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist preferred
- ITIL Foundations Certification preferred
- EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of hands-on ServiceNow administration and development experience
- Strong working knowledge of IT Service Management components (e.g. Service Catalog, Change, Incident, Release, Problem, etc.)
- Experience with ServiceNow components within IT Operations, Security Operations, Business Management, Performance Analytics, and Reporting
- Working knowledge of design, coding, testing methodologies and debugging
- Basic scripting skills (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python)
- Working knowledge of relational database management systems such as SQL and Oracle
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.