ETL Data QA Engineer
PeopleAdmin | Engineering | Shawnee, KS
We are looking to add a Analytics QA Engineer to our team! This position will be responsiblefor setting up and implementing automated quality assurance for our analytics/data services teams. Work closely with other team members, leads & managers in an agile software development process. Troubleshoot issues and fix bugs within the applications, adhering to PeopleAdmin’s engineering best practices.
- Will be responsible to set up and implement automation testing practice in project independently
- Write test plans, scripts and scenarios using QA best practices.
- Build and update automated release regression test scripts
- Produce test and defect summary reports
- Verify and validate ETL changes and produce test automation scripts
- Analyze Data Warehouse data to find data anomalies
- Verify and validate data extracts as per business requirements
- Utilize Scrum task and bug tracking tools as identified by project manager
- Verify that implemented defect changes have been made successfully.
- Monitor and report success/failure of changes
- Monitor project lifecycles, including the viability of release
- Work across functional groups involved in the releases
- Help provide maintenance and administration functions for test environment
IDEAL SKILL SET:
- 5+ years of software testing and QA experience in automation testing
- Substantial experience with Data Warehouse testing/QA
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Data Warehouse (tables, primary and foreign keys, indexes, partitions, views, referential integrity, functions, triggers, stored procedures and packages)
- Hands on test experience with DB2 SQL, ETL, Data Model and Data Warehouse
- Verifiable advanced SQL skills a must
- Baseline familiarity with Python & Django
- Experience with Scrum methodology
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills, good verbal and communication skills
- Proven ability to adhere to established release management processes
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Fun and Collaborative Work Environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Casual Attire
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Bonus Plan
- Recognition & Rewards Programs
- Wellness Programs & Activities
PeopleAdmin is a rapidly growing, award winning software development company solely focused on providing cloud-based talent management software for K-12 school districts and HigherEd institutions across the country. Our people are fun, passionate, confident, innovative change agents that aren’t afraid to take risks because that’s what it takes to succeed here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM - LEVEL 2